I have a BES Server on an Exchange 2003 server. I currently have three different ... Server Admins forum

Knine no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CBE9BD

Multiple Domain's one BES

Advertisement

I have a BES Server on an Exchange 2003 server. I currently have three different domains on this one Exchange server. I have users that are in one of those domains. Currenly, only one of those domains has had BB usage.

The other two domains were very happy with their TREO's and Active Sync. BUT, being a good sales man bah): I have users in the other domains wanting BB's now.

Can ONE BES Server running on the ONE Exchange server with multiple domains be used by different BB Devices?

jmolzen no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D6E05F

Re: Multiple Domain's one BES

We have multiple E-Mail domains for our Lotus Notes/Domino BES users and they are all able to use the BlackBerry. Enterprise Activation works too.

Jason

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

Ditto here for multiple email domains with one BES and multiple Lotus Domino servers. The MS Exchange guys will need to chime in.

If the BES server has the proper permissions to the target email servers (and the associated BB users' mail boxes) this should work in our experience.

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

As long as the domains are located within the same forest in AD then this is not a problem.

You just need to specify the proper permissions for each Exchange Server separately.

ifinch no está en línea Stack level 1

We have miltiple Domains on a the same network, without "trusts" established between them. Has any connected BES to a domain where the Exchange server is on a separate domain without any trust between them? Currently the Exchange connection works by creating the same user on both domains.

batrad no está en línea Stack level 1

was unable to connect multiple Exchange Domains to the same BES..had to setup individual BES servers for each exchange domain :-(

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

they all need ot have trusts between them for you to be able to use 1 BES server. I would recommend putting them in the same forest.

tlowe no está en línea BES Pro

Yes put them in the same forest and then give youself enterpise admin over both domains.