is there a way, to have two accounts, send to the same device? I'm 99% ... Server Admins forum

slundy no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Multiple Accounts, one device

Advertisement

is there a way, to have two accounts, send to the same device? I'm 99% sure it's not possible but want to make sure before I tell my boss that the device he just bought can't work the way he wants (he never bothered to ask me before he went and got it).

He has two accounts, inhouse that he can read (we're using Lotus Notes). he wants to be able to get emails from two accounts (which are actually group email accounts in Notes) to send to one device. Hope I'm not confusing anyone...

Account A consists of him and another person
    Account B consists of him and 2 other people.

He wants both Accounts to be setup with his one device.

Thanks for any help...

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

Re: Multiple Accounts, one device

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You can have up to 10 accounts

slundy no está en línea Stack level 2

is that using BIS or BES? These are corporate accounts that we'd need to use on our BES. Best way I can figure is if we setup a third, single user account and set that up on the device, then have the group accounts forward emails to that single user account.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

BIS allows 10 accounts.
    BES is set up per user. I would have to do some research to figure out how to get 2 BES Accounts on 1 BB, if it can be done.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 05-07-2007 at 03:47 PM.

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I am also under the impression that this is not an option. You might be able to redirect another corporate account to your device, but I don't think you can set it to interact with two seperate exhange servers.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

We have BES @ work and I use BIS since I have multiple accounts that I need to use. I use OWA for my exchange connection. This could also be done for multiple accounts on the same server and you could interact with each of them. This is limits as you only get email and nothing else for the account. You might be able to use both BIS & BES but, I have not tried it yet so I can't say if it will work or not.

ozrial no está en línea BB Themes Guru
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Lotus Notes would be BES, and you can only have one BES email push through the BES server to the device. You could have the PIN provisioned for both BIS and BES, setup an email address that comes with the BIS account and have the second one forwarded to the device through either an outlook or server based rule in the Lotus Notes (I would reccomend server based to avoid having to leave the outlook or other email client open at all times) In this manner you can have the 1 BES email and up to 10 BIS email addresses pushing through to one device. I currently have 1 BES and 7 BIS emails coming through to my device...
    Last edited by ozrial; 05-07-2007 at 05:57 PM.
    ...:: OZ ::...
    "Marriage is like sitting in a bathtub, once you get used to it - its not so hot"

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~when u have BES and BIS do u have to pay both tariffs

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

The price you pay depends on your wireless carrier. T-Mobile charges more for BES, but includes BIS service wheras I think AT&T Simply Charges you for a Blackberry Service that includes the option for BES.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!