I had my 7100g for about a week before it was added to the BES ... Server Admins forum

analyte no está en línea Stack level 1

Multipe mailboxes on 7100g with BES

Advertisement

I had my 7100g for about a week before it was added to the BES server at work. While waiting I loaded the desktop software and sent over my contacts, calendar, etc.

Now that the BES is active, I'm not allowed to sync the calendar anymore with my laptop, only wirelessly. I don't have a problem with it, but a problem has been come up that I can't figure out how to fix.

Using BBtoday, all of the calendar appointments are now duplicated, as in the same appointment at the same time listed twice (Fixed by deleting second occurance from device).

Also, I have two mailboxs shown, but only one gets mail. I can't figure out where the second mailbox goes/comes from as it doesn't appear to link to anything. It appears when my BB got attached to the BES it reloaded the same information and thats why it is duplicated. IT can't figure out what happened and recommended a clean install.

Is there anyway to correct this other than wiping the device and reloading everything to get it right? If not, will this screw up my BES stuff and require a new activation?

Kerry

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Multipe mailboxes on 7100g with BES

Quote Originally Posted by analyte
    I had my 7100g for about a week before it was added to the BES server at work. While waiting I loaded the desktop software and sent over my contacts, calendar, etc.

Now that the BES is active, I'm not allowed to sync the calendar anymore with my laptop, only wirelessly. I don't have a problem with it, but a problem has been come up that I can't figure out how to fix.

Using BBtoday, all of the calendar appointments are now duplicated, as in the same appointment at the same time listed twice (Fixed by deleting second occurance from device).

Also, I have two mailboxs shown, but only one gets mail. I can't figure out where the second mailbox goes/comes from as it doesn't appear to link to anything. It appears when my BB got attached to the BES it reloaded the same information and thats why it is duplicated. IT can't figure out what happened and recommended a clean install.

Is there anyway to correct this other than wiping the device and reloading everything to get it right? If not, will this screw up my BES stuff and require a new activation?

Kerry
    The extra mailbox comes from an extra cmime service book on your device (probably). if you can figure out which service book refers to which mailbox you can delete it and it should disapear.

Alternatively you could just hide the icon, but thats not such a clean solution...

If you wipe the device to fix this then you will need to reactivate on the BES...
    Miles.

analyte no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Multipe mailboxes on 7100g with BES

I looked at my device's service books and found one that had the "Cmime" like you stated. It is listed with the label desktop before it, as are 5 other items: SYNC, IPPP, ALP, CICAL, BrowserConfig.

You wouldn't be able to offer a good guess as to which service book is tied to the other mailbox, would you?

Thanks,
    Kerry