Hi everyone, I moved our MSDE database yesturday to a separate SQL server which moved ... Server Admins forum

nightwire no está en línea Stack level 1

MSDE database move to SQL, BES Manager Database Authentication login error

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I moved our MSDE database yesturday to a separate SQL server which moved over successfully, but Im not unable to login to the Blackberry Server Manager Software. We are on 4.0.5 currently.

I had a problem at first restarting the Blackberry services after the upgrade but I found the answer in the forum about checking the services login permissions which worked great. Since that stage Im unable to login to the programme. when launching the BES Manager, it prompts with a new login box asking for 'Database Authentication', with the user name as BESMgmt, which hasnt happened before, it used to just open the manager without any prompt before the upgrade. The same username and password that the database BESMgmt is using, fails to login, saying 'Database failed to login for user 'BESMgmt' please try again. Ive tried different logins but no success so far.

If you test this username and password on the Blackberry Server Configuration programme, and 'Database connectivity', tab, the database for 'BESMgmt' username and password works! but not for the Manager login.

Confused here. I'll keep trying ideas but if anyone has come across this before it would be really appreciated if they can shed some light on it for me.

Thanks all

*N*

dehmadeh no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: MSDE database move to SQL, BES Manager Database Authentication login error

I'm not sure to have clearly understood you.
    Anyway, the second login it's mandatory to connect the BES console to SQL database. You should have a user defined in the DB with db_owner rights on the BES database. This is the login requested.
    You never get this login before because the MSDE is local and doesn't need any additional authentication.
    Hope this helps!
    Cheers.

That sounds about right! Im wondering if the SQL Administrator has to set a different username and password up for me to have access to this database?

We set it up on his server which has other databases attached, he made a username and password protection on the database so that it doesnt interfere with any other databases on the server, I thought this would be the same username and password to access this extra login prompt that appears, but perhaps he has to set up different access for me?

Im glad that the extra login box is what should happen as it had me worried for a moment!

Thank you for your advice on this,

*N*

I Think Ive found some really good information on Blackberry.com in case anyone else is finding the same problem but I'm unable to post the URLS at present until Im a stack2 member.

If anyone else is having the same problem and the notes work, I'll update this with further details when I can

Wish me luck )

*N*

So far the help files from Blackberry have not worked. There is a username database with db_owner rights on the BES database but it still denies access. If anyone has any further ideas on this that would be great!

Thanks.

Now solved!

I found a registry key on the BES that was showing a string connection detailing old information. It was still saying the BES servername and an old database name (as it was renamed on the SQL server). I updated both to the correct information and it worked.

)

cluboffice no está en línea Stack level 1
    Anyone know the registry setting being talked about above? I am having the same problem.