Is there any way to point all Blackberry user accounts listed in the Blackberry Manager ... Server Admins forum

Bkadrie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DFD4CF

Smile Moving Blackberry Users' mailfiles to a new Domino Mail Server

Advertisement

Is there any way to point all Blackberry user accounts listed in the Blackberry Manager to a new mail server - Lotus Domino 6.5 - BES 4.0.2.4? Our Lotus Notes Admins were about to move all Notes users en masse to a new server without considering the impact it would have on our Blackberry users. I am hoping that we will not not have to delete and recreate each account individually in the Blackberry Mgr on our BES.

SSM_Scotch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E29A5E

Re: Moving Blackberry Users' mailfiles to a new Domino Mail Server

It would be on the domino where you make the change and it should be able to change it in bes for the selected users. I have never don't it but you shouldn't have to recreate each account.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Crimesy no está en línea Stack level 2

I've done this several times in the past.

BES will catch-up eventually with the new location but it will depend on when various background tasks take place.

Most users get updated without any issues but it may be worthwhile sending the users a PIN message warning them about a potential downtime during the shift, as they will not be able to receive emails on their LN accounts they will not get them on their BB's.

When the Domino transfer is complete issue a "tell bes quit" on the BES Domino console and once everything has shut down issue a "load bes". The new mailfile location should get updated.

jason1114 no está en línea Stack level 2
    You can just change the mail file in the domino directory and replicate your nab to the bes server, issue a load fixup command at the domino console and this will make sure the BES sees the new home/mail server without a BES restart. As long asd the BES can connect to the new mail server with out issues it should be seemless

cavell no está en línea Stack level 1

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I was curious if the change *should* be just as smooth if a person's username changes, moving from one cert to another?

jason1114 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by cavell
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I was curious if the change *should* be just as smooth if a person's username changes, moving from one cert to another?
    BES for Domino takes it "cues" from the Domino Address book. What ever information changes in the NAB and then is replicated to the BES it will reread the address book and see the new information and use it smooth as silk. Loading Fixup Name.nsf after replication will make those changes available to the BES instantly and will beging using that as the users new information for mail file location.