Device: BB 8330 Version 4.2.2.184 Network: TMobile We are running the BES Server connecting to ... Server Admins forum

vg10 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Moving a message to a folder on the BB

Advertisement

Device: BB 8330
    Version 4.2.2.184
    Network: TMobile

We are running the BES Server connecting to a single Exchange 2003 server.

From the desktop, I take a message from the inbox and move it to a folder. The blackberry device shows there is a new folder, but doe not remove the message from the inbox.

Why is this? What did I do wrong? Shouldn't the BB update the change I made to my mailbox?

Thanks.

STL8700 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Is hide filed messages checked yes or no?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Moves will take a bit to change on the device. Reconciliation may take up to 10 minutes. Also may have to check on the bes to make sure those folders are set for reconciliation as well.

vg10 no está en línea Stack level 1
    no, i see what its doing. its just changing the icon of the message, but the message never actually leaves your bb messages.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    You have to enable folder redirection in order for this to work. You need to go into the messages icon and go in to the menu and bring up option. Then go in to Email Settings and then bring up the menu and go to folder redirection and make sure the folders you are moving items to are checked

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    That is correct. However if you hit the menu key while looking at your messages and go to options/General Options, you can tell it to hide filed messages. They will still appear when you try to View the folder you placed them in, just not in your general messages inbox.