Ok, to recap.. I was on BES, then work decided not to allow personal blackberrys ... Server Admins forum

vangorder no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

More IT Policy woes...

Advertisement

Ok, to recap.. I was on BES, then work decided not to allow personal blackberrys on the BES so they kicked me off WITHOUT wiping the device. Leaving the IT policy intact. I followed the write-up online on applying a blank policy but it has left the Firewall "locked" to enable... I didn't mind at first, but now I'm getting errors from programs telling me that inside the firewall trying to access outside the firewall is forbidden.. I can't have that...

I called my IT department to see if they could re-add me to the BES only to send me a default policy and wipe my device and they said there was nothing they could do for me, and unfortunately it's not their problem...

So I'm asking, is there any way to get rid of this? I've upgraded OSs and whatnot and it's still there.. Is there any way I can completely wipe the device and reload the OS like I just bought it from the store? or do I need to cash in my warranty on my 8330 and get another one from Verizon?

any info anyone can give me would be most helpful.
    You have two ears, two eyes, and one mouth;
    therefore, listen and observe twice as often as you speak.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    What directions did you follow to remove the IT policy? The link below is what I've always used, and it's always worked. Read through the instructions and make sure you understand them before starting.

http://www.removeblackberrypolicy.com/

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    When you go into options>Security Options>General Settings does it still say the name of the old IT policy?

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    No the policy has been removed, but the firewall lock is still enabled, I followed this write up:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=84

It mentions the firewall lock issue...

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Yep. I'm STILL looking for a TRULY CLEAR Policy.bin file.
    Tried the one at RemoveBlackBerryPolicy, but no go - my test device still has the Firewall locked.
    JerryD

ecnavt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32caaed1
    Depending on your company's flexibilty with this, the BES & device versions: there is a security policy that can be applied that will restore your device to the default factory setting. RIM has published a KB on this, I just don't have it handy at the moment. I'm pretty sure I've even posted about this here before.

So as I recall...The BES should be at v4.1.4+, device at v4.2+ and of course your IT department willing to do this. They will have to add you, activate then apply this new IT Policy to your device.

It sounds to me like you may need to be a squeaky wheel or at least buy the BES admin and his manager lunch. IT guys love free food/drink and hate squeaky wheels. ;-)

Good luck!

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ecnavt View Post
    Depending on your company's flexibilty with this, the BES & device versions: there is a security policy that can be applied that will restore your device to the default factory setting. RIM has published a KB on this, I just don't have it handy at the moment. I'm pretty sure I've even posted about this here before.

So as I recall...The BES should be at v4.1.4+, device at v4.2+ and of course your IT department willing to do this. They will have to add you, activate then apply this new IT Policy to your device.

It sounds to me like you may need to be a squeaky wheel or at least buy the BES admin and his manager lunch. IT guys love free food/drink and hate squeaky wheels. ;-)

Good luck!
    I've tried that and they've told me there is a policy (rule), preventing them from adding me to the BES. And apparently a "Computer Policy" preventing such as well. He said even if I found someone willing to do it (add me to the BES), they wouldn't be able to. I don't know if theres a database of company bought BBs or what.

Like I said, he pretty much told me that he was told it's my problem, not theirs. He was very sympathetic, disagreed with how I'm being "treated", and acknowledged that it was in fact a <explative> situation.

Unfortunately my IT department is a few hundred miles away typically, at the moment they're about 4,000 (I'm in Hawaii in business); so buying them lunch isn't really an option. I'll have to try the squeaky wheel approach I guess.

If anyone finds anything out, please let me know... Again, thanks for the replies .

ecnavt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32caaed1

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Thanks a lot! The -other- method in that thead works, via JLCommander... I no longer have the firewall locked.. Thanks a lot for all the help and info

For future reference:
    Quote Originally Posted by kkwus74 View Post
    Just a heads up for all stackers here who got stuck with at IT policy installing UNITE(like me lol) or stackers who wanna remove the IT policy on their device.

You could use JL_Cmder's restoretofactory commands to remove all IT policy,application permission settings and even the firewall restrictions.This will wipe the device leaving you with the OS,3rd party applications and IT policy free
    your device will be as good as new

Please NOTE that this method works for OS 4.3 or Higher ONLY!!!

1. Backup device
    2. Close desktop manager
    3. run JL_cmder and choose restoretofactory command
    4. when your berry is done wiping,do a restore and your good to go

Thats it.No locked firwall or IT policy at all

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Pinstack succeeds again!!!