Has anyone setup and currently use the Monitoring Service for BES 5.0? I've installed the ... Server Admins forum

TheLizardFish no está en línea Stack level 1

Monitoring Service for BES 5.0

Advertisement

Has anyone setup and currently use the Monitoring Service for BES 5.0? I've installed the Admin service, Web Desktop manager and the Monitoring service all on the same box in my test VM to just play with. My BES (test-BES01) is installed with just the core stuff nothing else. Everything is working as it should. Test handhelds are activated and mail is flowing. I can access the Admin webpage and the Web Desktop manager with no problem. For some reason I'm unable to access the Monitoring webconsole. I'm getting the generic IE cannot display the webpage when launching.

I've made sure the SNMP agent is registered in regedit and have setup the SNMP service on the BES to accept SNMP packets from the server where the monitoring service was installed which is test-BAS04. Is the port right? Is there something I'm maybe missing?

Here is the link thats provided after the install.
    https://test-bas04.testdomainname.co...webconsole/app

I'm not sure why the port number was cut out during the cut n paste. BTW, that of course is not the real link just an example with vital info slightly changed.

https://test-bas04.testdomainname.co...webconsole/app

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    It is port 8443. I am using it and I also have it on my BAS server.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

Thats what I had also. For some reason my cut n paste wasn't pasting the full link. I reinstalled the service on a separate VM by itself and it's working like a charm. So far I have everything I need working for my full test VM. I think for production I may take your advice and place all of the backup servers on VMs. Thanks a bunch.

BTW, I support the company located just below the item displayed in your profile pic. If I have the correct location that is. Its located on top of a Mountian correct?

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    That is correct, it is a mountain. It is the Mill Mountain Star located in roanoke.
    Glad it is working.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104