Has anyone used mobile admin programs through BES. I have looked Idokorro Mobile Admin which ... Server Admins forum

Yazaaab no está en línea Stack level 2

Mobile Admin

Advertisement

Has anyone used mobile admin programs through BES. I have looked Idokorro Mobile Admin which looks good. I am little worried to use it because of the potentional data usage. Should I have an unlimited data plan before I even attempt implement it?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Yup I use Idokorro Mobile Admin via BES. You can set a limit on DATA usage on BES using the IT policy. Of course you should select the lowest quality settings on Idokorro for low usage of bandwith if you have data cost issues.

I have an unlimited data plan so I removed the bandwith restritions on BES since I would get to the max after 15 mins connected.

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    Yup I use Idokorro Mobile Admin via BES. You can set a limit on DATA usage on BES using the IT policy. Of course you should select the lowest quality settings on Idokorro for low usage of bandwith if you have data cost issues.

I have an unlimited data plan so I removed the bandwith restritions on BES since I would get to the max after 15 mins connected.
    Any idea on how much data you would use in a 15min session?

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3
    Definitely think Idokorro would be a great reason to up the data plan. Don't know what Carrier you use, but TMO is only 20 per month, I realize most Carriers charge a good bit more, Nextel used to be $40...

I am with Rogers and the unlimited is 25mgs. I guess it just bothers me that they call it unlimited but it is capped.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Yeah that really doesn't match the description

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazaaab
    I am with Rogers and the unlimited is 25mgs. I guess it just bothers me that they call it unlimited but it is capped.
    That made my day I guess when you pass the 25mgs they won't stop you just charge you

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro
    I have used mobile admin, though I was on T-Mo Unlimited Data when I did. I just can't justify the cost per server. Seems a little steep for me.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

WhiteRonin no está en línea Stack level 1
    It looks like there is a bit of mixup between Mobile Desktop and Mobile Admin on the thread in terms of data usuage Yazaaab so I though I would try to clear things up if I can. Mobile Desktop is the Idokorro product that allows you to actually view the desktop of a remote computer. A lot of data will be transferred doing this and depending on what you do you could easily reach 3-5 MB in a 15 minute session. With Mobile Admin you are not viewing the actual desktop so far less data is transferred. Each time you do something in Mobile Admin a separate command is sent to the server. Each of those transactions normally result in about 3-5 KB being transferred. The amount of data that will be transferred will vary quite a bit depending on exactly what you do. For example if you are running a large SQL query then much more data would be needed than would be required to restart a service.

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3
    On BES you just need to disable WAP config via the IT Policy to ensure all data uses MDS, depending on your telco this data is normally included in the unlimited email component of your plan.

Personally I have all our BES users on a $49AUS ($37.50US) unlimited plan.