I have a bit of dilemma here . All of sudden I been getting a ... Server Admins forum

Havek no está en línea Stack level 2

Missing Reconcile Button

Advertisement

I have a bit of dilemma here . All of sudden I been getting a few calls from my Blackberry user’s that the Reconcile option missing from over 15 Blackberry Units (Different Models). Also Purge Deleted Items at times seems to be missing. Now the Company I work for moved its BEZ server to a new IT Provider. I am wondering would it have to do something on the BEZ serve? Also the BEZ server is 4.1 and the units all run 4.0 or current version.

Thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Missing Reconcile Button

Havek, Welcomt to PinStack.

Can't help with BES problems, but someone who can is sure to come along soon.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello havek, welcome to pinstack. I am not on a bes anymore, so I am slacking in that area. There are many stackers here that can help you, Im gonna bump this up so they get the message.

Thanks I came accross this site doing a google search. I must say great information here. Most Of my question I have been able to search the forms and get my BB questions answered or pointed in the right Directions.

Great site!

P.S.

Sorry new to the site is there a Donation page?

PS

Only way to get the Reconcile now atm is to reactivate the BB. Sometimes it requires me to Whipe the BB unit and remove and add the User on Bez.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Problem

You open the Messages screen of the BlackBerry device, then select Options. When you click Email Reconciliation, the Wireless Reconcile feature does not appear on the Email Reconciliation screen.

Cause 1

The Desktop [CMIME] service book is corrupt and needs to be updated. This service book contains information required to send messages and do tasks such as wireless message reconciliation.

Resolution

Delete the service book and send a new one to the device.
    1. Reset the device by removing the battery and inserting it again.
    2. On the device, click Options, then click Service Book.
    3. Select the Desktop [CMIME] service book.
    4. Click the trackwheel and click Delete. In the warning dialog box, click Delete.
    5. Connect the device to the personal computer. When the device is connected, a new copy of the Desktop [CMIME] service book is automatically sent to the device.

Cause 2

The Enable Wireless Message Reconciliation IT Policy is set to False.

Resolution

On the BlackBerry Enterprise Server
    1. In the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Management console or BlackBerry Manager, right-click the BlackBerry Enterprise Server name, then click IT Policy.
    2. In the IT Policy settings for BlackBerry Server window, click the Enable Wireless Message Reconciliation IT Policy, then click Edit.
    3. In the CMIME Application Policy Group, change the Enable Wireless Message Reconciliation IT Policy value to True.
    4. Click OK.

Thanks.

Here at my job we took off the BB Desktop software all desktop laptops (but mine). Is there a way to get the Service book to reinstall wireless?

Thanks in advance

paulst no está en línea Stack level 1

If you are using BES 4.1 you can resend the service book from the IT Admin section under Tasks for that specific user.

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3

If your reconcile option is missing all you need to do is go into "Messages" and press the trackwheel and select "Options". From options go to "Email Reconciliation" and ensure "Wireless Reconcile" is set to "On".

Found the problem with some help with BB. Seems that we need to upgrade our Bez and had to make sure our other bez servers had the same version of Java.

Not sure if thats the right answer, but fixed our problems at least for now lol

Dan Camacho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24171C1C

I think I screwed up...

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    Problem

You open the Messages screen of the BlackBerry device, then select Options. When you click Email Reconciliation, the Wireless Reconcile feature does not appear on the Email Reconciliation screen.

Cause 1

The Desktop [CMIME] service book is corrupt and needs to be updated. This service book contains information required to send messages and do tasks such as wireless message reconciliation.

Resolution

Delete the service book and send a new one to the device.
    1. Reset the device by removing the battery and inserting it again.
    2. On the device, click Options, then click Service Book.
    3. Select the Desktop [CMIME] service book.
    4. Click the trackwheel and click Delete. In the warning dialog box, click Delete.
    5. Connect the device to the personal computer. When the device is connected, a new copy of the Desktop [CMIME] service book is automatically sent to the device.
    Cause 2

The Enable Wireless Message Reconciliation IT Policy is set to False.

Resolution

On the BlackBerry Enterprise Server
    1. In the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Management console or BlackBerry Manager, right-click the BlackBerry Enterprise Server name, then click IT Policy.
    2. In the IT Policy settings for BlackBerry Server window, click the Enable Wireless Message Reconciliation IT Policy, then click Edit.
    3. In the CMIME Application Policy Group, change the Enable Wireless Message Reconciliation IT Policy value to True.
    4. Click OK.
    When I open an e-mail with an attachment, the e-mail opens fine but I can not open even a simple jpg attachment. It always says "More request cannot be completed. Service book information not found", so, I did the above option 1, thinking it would help, but it does NOT reload the Desktop (CMIME) that I deleted.... Now I think I really screwed up....
    TelCel - 8300 Curve

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

All you have to do is resend the Service Books from the server. Don't bother doing it at the device level because that will take forever.

Issues like this normally occur if your server was moved from one box to another and the new box was not named the same as the old or was installed with the wrong version.

sandy_last1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by garycutri
    If your reconcile option is missing all you need to do is go into "Messages" and press the trackwheel and select "Options". From options go to "Email Reconciliation" and ensure "Wireless Reconcile" is set to "On".
    All the posts are good but In my case I was not getting all these options so I just went to Options - advanced options - host routing table - and by pressing the track wheel just re registered the device... All the options came back and wireless reconcilation started.

zeronine no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30174ba4

Resending the Service Book was the solutions for me.

Dave N no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by zeronine
    Resending the Service Book was the solutions for me.
    2nd'd.

Thanks for such a great site folks. This saved me a trip to T-mobile.

Dave N