I have a user who says that when he puts a new contact into his ... Server Admins forum

RJeffDay no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Missing Contacts

Advertisement

I have a user who says that when he puts a new contact into his BB, they are removed by the BES. His provider has told him that this is due to the BES's 'auto-replication' feature that wipes his new contacts out of his BB. I have searched for ANYTHING that looks out of the ordinary on his profile and have found nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Quote Originally Posted by RJeffDay View Post
    I have a user who says that when he puts a new contact into his BB, they are removed by the BES. His provider has told him that this is due to the BES's 'auto-replication' feature that wipes his new contacts out of his BB. I have searched for ANYTHING that looks out of the ordinary on his profile and have found nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Yea, if it's on BES, it is 'controlled' by the IT admin policy. You won't see anything 'abnormal', but many things won't work like a BB on BIS
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    So he puts the contact in his BB, then the BES removes it from his BB right away?

Tronky no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think you have to review your user's properties----> PIM Sync Properties

there you will find a setting called " Synchronization Type" under address book

check if it's set to bidirectional or handheld to server or server to handheld.

I guess it might be set to server to handheld so it's removed.......not very sure though.

RJeffDay no está en línea Stack level 2
    YES... The user states that he can manually put a new contact into his BB while on the road, and when the BB sync's up Over The Air, the new contacts get removed.