Were just about to embark on an upgrade from BES2.2 to 4.1. We currently have ... Server Admins forum

Almat62 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Migration from BES2.2 to 4.1

Advertisement

Were just about to embark on an upgrade from BES2.2 to 4.1. We currently have around 200 users with devices mainly consisting of 7230/7730/8700 and 8707 spread throughout Europe. Anyone got any useful previous experience / tips / suggestions as to how we should go about this type of migtration?

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Migration from BES2.2 to 4.1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~do you have t-support from RIM? I 'think' you need to upgrade to 3.6 first but I'm not certain on that. Perhaps bumping this will get someone elses attention.

Almat62 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Thanks for the response TechieGirl. We have no t-support from RIM. I was thinking along the lines of a clean install, and then reapplying the licences in some way. What really worries me is that I've heard that all hand-helds will have to come back to be re-sync'd with the BES, and that this can take up to an hour with some units?? Therefore with 200 units this is not a task I'm looking forward to!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I dont have too much experience on the admin side, but on the user side I do. To the best of my knowledge you can upgrade to the newest BES with no worries, but you will have to do a new enterprise activation for each BB, which can take up to an hour, but averages 15 minutes. I hope my input helps someone.

Zerokooled no está en línea Stack level 1

@ Almat62 - Did your upgrade / Fresh install go successfull? I'm about ready to upgrade 2.8 to 4.1 remotly on a VM ware server. It's gunna be fun.