Hi, We have two users with the same problem. They sort a bunch of messages ... Server Admins forum

cdfllc no está en línea Stack level 1

Messages moved to sub-folders in Outlook go back to Inbox. Is it a Blackberry issue?

Advertisement

Hi,

We have two users with the same problem. They sort a bunch of messages in their inboxes to various sub-folders. The next day they come in and all of the previously sorted messages are back in the main Inbox and marked as unread. Some days this would happen and other days it wouldn't.

Our Exchange server is hosted and operated by another company, but our BES 4.0 server is operated in-house. I called our Exchange hosting people and asked them to see why these messages were doing this. They claim it isn't a problem on their end, and that either the Blackberry server, desktop software, or devices themselves were causing the problem.

I've scoured the various FAQs and Knowledge Databases I could find and I can't find mention of the problem. We originally just tried to replace the Blackberries of the two users with new ones. This worked fine for about two weeks as the problem didn't occur, but suddenly, the problem returned. Same two users, same problem as before. I've also tried looking through the BES logs, but we have so many users and we don't know exactly what time the messages are moving that manually browsing through them is impractical without knowing what to look for.

Any thoughts or similar problems? Is it really a Blackberry issue or am I being lied to by our Exchange host?

whitey1122 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f672f0

Re: Messages moved to sub-folders in Outlook go back to Inbox. Is it a Blackberry issue?

Have you checked on the Blackberry, under Email then General Options - "Hide Files Messages" Set to "Yes"

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Messages moved to sub-folders in Outlook go back to Inbox. Is it a Blackberry issue?

Ensure that in your BES that conflict resolution is set to Server Wins in the PIM section of the user option.Otherwise if the messages are not filed on the Blackberry and marked as read they overwrite the Exchange Server.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cdfllc no está en línea Stack level 1

Conflicts are set to "Server Wins" and the filed messages option is set to "hide". These are our default options and it doesn't looklike they were changed for these users.

I finally got through to Blackberry TS and they said they had one other person with a similar problem, but they didn't have a cause or resolution for it. I sent them our BES logs and he gave me a couple of things to try (like disabling cached mode in Outlook) but no luck.

The users said that if they turn their Blackberries off and then turn them back on that the problem will usually happen sometime that day. Other times it happens for no apparent reason.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

I'll see if I can't find some information for you....
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

mojo919 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24FC5F32

Re: Messages moved to sub-folders in Outlook go back to Inbox. Is it a Blackberry iss

Hmm,

Your problem sounds similar to mine,

I have some users who set rules for received mails on outlook.

Mails received, without rules come in to the BB, but those with rules only come in once user syncronizes pc with exchange.

Weird

-mojo-