I have a user that states he used to be able to read an email ... Server Admins forum

Spanishearl no está en línea Stack level 1

Messages marked as read on BB after read in Outlook?

Advertisement

I have a user that states he used to be able to read an email in outlook, and while connected to the pc, his BB would then show that message as read. He has the options all set correctly, and also has the option to have the email sent to both pc and BB, (wants it that way). Anyway's, the only change is laptop was replaced. But everything backed up, and returned to new laptop.

I'm unsure if this is possible, but the user is adamant that it alway's marked the messages as read on the BB after reading them in outlook. The only options I seemt o be able to find for reconsiliation are with deletion.

Any ideas?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Messages marked as read on BB after read in Outlook?

I'm assuming your on a BES. If that is the case, they should automatically sync as read unless he goes in and deletes the read email (and empties the deleted messages) too quickly, then when it sync's it will not find the email in Outlook and leave it as unopened on his BB.

Did you run through the Redirector settings with him when he installed the Download Manager on his new laptop?

I logged into his laptop to verify the settings, eerything is correct. I just sent an email with directions to NOT delete the email. To try and see if it'll work. Perhaps he's reading than deleting. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

Thanks for the fast response!

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Lj is exactly correct. He must be deleting on Outlook. If not the settings for wireless sync must be set up different that they should be. Hopefully this will be the issue.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by Spanishearl
    I logged into his laptop to verify the settings, eerything is correct. I just sent an email with directions to NOT delete the email. To try and see if it'll work. Perhaps he's reading than deleting. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

Thanks for the fast response!
    Let us know how you make out. Good luck.

Well, I let him know what I learn't, and he said he'd let it run and call back if it didn't work. Got in today, and no email, or voicemail! Must have worked! Thanks guys!