I suspect this is a simple problem but not for a blond like me. I ... Server Admins forum

Carolinemill no está en línea Stack level 1

Message status: service blocked

Advertisement

I suspect this is a simple problem but not for a blond like me. I have managed to activate my 8100 so it now receives messages sent to my hotmail address, but when I try to send a message it fails. The service is blocked. I have a "personal unblocking code" but not a clue where to enter it. I've looked at all the options on the phone, and at the Vodafone site where I added my hotmail account...so where can I unblock?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Caroline

TONYG no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Message status: service blocked

Service blocked generally means that you are not on the RIM relay, contact your carrier and ensure that you service has Blackberry enabled on it.

brunomen no está en línea Stack level 1

Most likly it is something on the Network side which Vodafone would have to enable. But if you have a chance check your message services under advanced options. See if the send sevice is set to your hotmail account and nothing else.

dobbin no está en línea Stack level 1

I have seen service blocked messages when the device is provisioned as an enterprise only device and has been configured on the BIS and vice versa - thats one you would need those nice people at Vodafone to check for you. They will want the handheld PIN which you will find in settings | status.