My Blackberry used to be connected through BES to my work's email. Ever since I ... Server Admins forum

churwitz no está en línea Stack level 1

MDS issues on Blackberry

Advertisement

My Blackberry used to be connected through BES to my work's email. Ever since I left, I got to keep the Blackberry and am now only using it for personal email. However, it still seems to want to connect through the BES. How do I turn this off?

In particular, I often (but not always) get the error "A communication failure occurred with the selected Mobile Data Service." when using the browser.
    I've already set the default browser configuration to "internet browser"
    settings->options->advanced->browser
    which seemed to have helped for some sites, but I'm still getting the error.

Anyone know how to disable MDS and BES completely from my Blackberry - I'm not in touch with the people who set it up in the first place and so am hoping I can fix it myself.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    If you want to completly remove all association from the BES you will need to do a wipe and remove the IT policy.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hello churwitz! Welcome to PinStack! You've come to the right place to get your questions answered.....

I'm pretty sure that you can delete the MDS stuff via the Desktop Manager, provided you have your device OS and Desktop Manager installed on your PC. Is that something you can verify?

As for the BES, I would have to let a resident BES expert provide further information on that.

Regards,
    Roger

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    ^^ And then there's what kieranwest said!

churwitz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks! I'm actually installing Desktop Mgr now - never had a reason to need it before. I'm a little nervous messing with the OS since my ex-company is paying for the phone account until the end of the year, so if I mess something up, it'll be tough to get support for it.

Wiping the BB and removing the IT policy sounds like something I should leave to people much smarter than myself.

I actually did find that the reason some sites were giving me an error was because my bookmarks were still set to use Blackberry browser. I've since changed them to use Internet Browser too, so that part is good.

Would still love to figure out how to remove the stuff that's not needed on the BB though!