Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

looking for some help here...I am trying to activate mds on my berry 8320...I have ... Server Admins forum

DtvThief no está en línea Stack level 2

mds activation

Advertisement

looking for some help here...I am trying to activate mds on my berry 8320...I have tried to activate but every time I try it shows 5% and then just goes back to not activated.....I have tried different settings and nothing seems too work....in the event log i am getting an error for the mds.....i have tried several different devices and different versions of mds.......I am calling all people that are willing too help.

Thanks for the help in advance!!!

knottyrope no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Possible you have an older device xml file or you dont have the app configured for the new device.

well the device is the 8320 with the latest os and the latest version of mds...i have also tried with 8300 and 8700 and 8310 and the same thing happens 5% and then nothing...ive uninstalled and reinstalled mds...java loaded the berry reloaded...what am i doing wrong???

still having troubles just wondering if anyone else out there can add a little insight?

Thanks in advance

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by DtvThief View Post
    still having troubles just wondering if anyone else out there can add a little insight?

Thanks in advance
    Have you checked the BES for any MDS related errors? What error is the BlackBerry throwing?

the blackberry doesn't show an error it just shows activating 5% then shows not activated.....under the event log on the phone it shows failed to transmitt, communication.....and shr- java.io.IOEception: server unreachable...this is new....any idea's

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by DtvThief View Post
    the blackberry doesn't show an error it just shows activating 5% then shows not activated.....under the event log on the phone it shows failed to transmitt, communication.....and shr- java.io.IOEception: server unreachable...this is new....any idea's
    -Does the setting(MDS Integration Service) under server properties in BlackBerry Manger report the same hostname/domain as what is listed under MDS activation on the BlackBerry?
    -Can you ping the hostname from your BES Server?
    -Are MDS Services on the same server as the BES?
    -Are any other BlackBerries utilizing MDS Services yet?
    -Have any recent changes taken place?
    -What version of BES are you running including Service pack level?
    -Is anything on the MDS log on the server for that handheld?

Sorry for all these questions but they will greatly help in providing a solution.
    Last edited by kieranwest; 06-29-2008 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Update Name of BES Manager to Avoid confusion

yes to the first question
    yes to the second question
    yes to the third question
    yes upgraded to 4.1.5 BES, but only late last night...we where having issues before the upgrade
    tons of stuff in the mds logs for every device that i have tried to activate on mds

PIN/ID
    Can you reactivate any device for MDS, or do they all fail? Any common errors in the MDS logs? Without seeing any errors will be hard to diagnose.

all the devices fail....but i am seeing a srp error

ajarvey no está en línea Stack level 1
    Do you have SERVERNAME specified, or SERVERNAME.yourdomain.com specified for your MDS Services URL? Also, are you using a proxy server on your network that you have your BES setup to route through?

servername.domain.com and no proxy......been on the phone with RIM for 3 days....this sucks not even they know what the problems is like come on what are they being paid for????

PIN/ID
    If you're seeing an SRP error yeah I'd suggest RIM figure it out. Did you record this as a Critical/Serious or Normal/Low priority with RIM? If recorded as Critical it has been escalated to the Vice President of Software. If Low it is now being reviewed by the Supervisor of technical support. Are you a level4 or level5 TSS Customer?

the srp error has been fixed by me and my partner but now we are having issues with rim tech support it has been too 4 different people....I have left it in my partners hands now as I have spent too much time on the phone and need some time too cool down as no one seems to know what the issue is after checking the server and going threw the logs

well all and all everything is now fixed....rim support finally came threw...I will post back with the info for future reference for those that have problems in the future...as it was my partner that got results out of support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast