Hello, I've got a recurring issue with one of my Blackberry users....his new Bold 9700 ... Server Admins forum

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

Maximum Amount of Email Folders Allowed?

Advertisement

Hello,

I've got a recurring issue with one of my Blackberry users....his new Bold 9700 simply stops working as far as emails are concerned.

After looking more closely, all his email folders are removed, including the inbox folder. Sure enough, all emails are deleted also. Hi client (Lotus Notes) is just fine.

I've bought him a new BB, replaced the SIM, deleted him from the BES5, re-installed and upgraded his BB OS...all to no avail!

I've just noticed he has about 655 email folders...I'm sure I read somewhere the BES only supports about 200 - 250...can anyone confirm this for me??

If the above is the case, then I'm sure by deleting his folders down to the accepted amount will resolve the problem.

Also, if the 200 - 250 max folder limit is the case, can he 'nest' folders or is it quite simply any folders must total no more than the allowed limit?

Thanks for your advice.

Eithan no está en línea Stack level 1
    From what I have read 255 is the max amount of folders you can possibly have unless you upgrade to version 5.0 MR4 and SP1 on the BES.

http://gleanr.com/gleans/27127_filed...liation_occurs

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Thanks for the info...I've seen that figure before.

I've since upgraded to SP1 of BES5. And I've also told those who have more than 255 folders to delete them.

That will, at least, eliminate the excessive folders issue.

thanks.