Instead of remoting to the server I know the BES software can be installed desktop/laptop ... Server Admins forum

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Manage BES from my laptop?

Advertisement

Instead of remoting to the server I know the BES software can be installed desktop/laptop any instructions how?

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    if you're only doing up to 5 BB, then you can install the Blackberry Unite software from Bell, http://www.bell.ca/unite and it will work for you - haven't tried it myself but I've been meaning too. I've heard good and bad about it. I'm not sure about the actual BES - I would love to know more about managing one.

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3
    I'm pretty sure that you can install the manager software on you laptop and point it to the bes server. There is a lady that I work with and she's in charge of the bes and that is what she does. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Its a rather convoluted process but does work, here is the BTSC Document http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2071141861

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I've got the blackberry manager installed on my laptop so I don't have to remote into my server. You install the BES software on your laptop like you're going to install the server again, but you only install blackberry manager. Plug in your BES settings and go. I still have to be on a VPN to get to the BES, but it's easier than remoting in.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    You have to ensure you have all the prereqs as the BTSC Document I posted or "Just Installing" BlackBerry Manager will not work.

ecnavt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32caaed1
    I actually found the process pretty straightforward. I've setup my helpdesk agents with it so that they can run activations