I have a client who's blackberry does not sync up with her outlook mailbox when ... Server Admins forum

Donte23 no está en línea Stack level 2

Mailbox synchronization

Advertisement

I have a client who's blackberry does not sync up with her outlook mailbox when she deletes a email. It stays on her blackberry and I have already set the option on the correct setting in email reconciliation. I have already removed her from the BES and tried to re-activate the blackberry and also tried a different blackberry but still the same results.

Does anyone have any ideas or if I'm missing something?

Any help would be gladly appreciated

Thanks

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    when you open your mail box there should be an option to (reconcile now) have you tried that option?? as soon as you open your email to look at the email , before you open anything go to options
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

I have tried to do the reconcile now and that still doesn't work

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is it only an issue when deleting from outlook? IF she deletes from teh blackberry does it remove it from outlook?

IF it is only when she deletes from outlook that it is not deleting from the BlackBerry you need to make sure that she is leaving the items she deletes in the deleted items folder of outlook. If she is hard deleting items and not sending them to deleted items then the BES will not recognize them as being deleted.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    what s the override? Mailbox or Handheld?

Its when the deletion from outlook does not delete on the blackberry and the opposite as well for looking at it or deleting it off of the blackberry

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Quote Originally Posted by Donte23 View Post
    I have a client who's blackberry does not sync up with her outlook mailbox when she deletes a email. It stays on her blackberry and I have already set the option on the correct setting in email reconciliation. I have already removed her from the BES and tried to re-activate the blackberry and also tried a different blackberry but still the same results.

Does anyone have any ideas or if I'm missing something?

Any help would be gladly appreciated

Thanks
    Hi Donte23...

A few questions:

1.) When you say you've set up the option, it sounds like you're talking about her device specifically. Please detail how you are making these settings (via BES, Desktop manager, manually on her device)

2.) What are your domain-wide settings on the BES as far as reconcilliation? Are you using the default IT policy or have you created/applied your own?

3.) If you've got IT mappings in place, is she the only one mapped to that policy who is having difficulty?

4.) Is she having "sync issues" appear in her Outlook client's folders?

Also, check for any rules the user has set up in her Outlook client... if she has filtered or redirected messages outside the bounds of BES control (into PST folders, etc) and/or such rules are "client only", the messages could be moving around when she fires up her OL client, causing problems because the BES can't see them anymore but they're still on her device because of other reconcilliation settings; For instance she may have a rule that moves a message to her "My favorite stuff" folder which is a PST, but runs client side only. If her OL client is not running, the messages will all be directed to her device. When she opens up her OL, the messages will be filtered, so they're in a different place, outside the bounds of BES, and her deleting them on her handheld will have no effect on the messages on her OL client, as the BES can no longer see the message.

Let us know if this helps...

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please reply with the following:

-BES version
    -Exchange version and SP / OL Client version
    -Device type
    -Number of users on your BES