Good morning; Need a little help please. We have several Blackberry 8820's looking back to ... Server Admins forum

tdmaines no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Mail Reconciliation

Advertisement

Good morning;

Need a little help please. We have several Blackberry 8820's looking back to a Blackberry Exchange Server. Everyone is able to send, receive, and the server is working great. I am getting questions on how to setup the Blackberry's so that when an user deletes an e-mail from their regular Outlook account why will it not remove the e-mail from the Blackberry. I am sure that it is just a setting on the actual Blackberry, but being new at this, I have no earthly idea where to set the option at. Also, I have noticed that sent e-mails also show up on the Blackberry that were created from Outlook. Is there anyway that the Blackberry can be setup to not show the sent items?

One final question - how many days do mail items remain on the blackberry if not deleted and is there anyway to adjust this setting?

Again, thank-you for helping a beginner figure this stuff out.
    Tim

glock22c no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Mail Reconciliation

Howdy,

I believe (i am no expert) that when you delete from Outlook, it will not delete from your Crackberry. Every one that I deal with is like that, as well as showing email that you have sent. I hope I'm wrong, but I think that's how it is.

I can answer your last question, from within Messages, go to Options, then General Options, then scroll down to Keep Messages and adjust (shortest length is 15 days, longest is forever).

Hope this helps.

glock22c no está en línea Stack level 1

Okay, I stand corrected on one thing. If you don't want your Sent Item's to show, from Messages, go to Options, General Options, then change Hide Sent Messages to yes, then Save. Cha-ching!

Welcome to the Club!

tdmaines no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you for your help. All your suggestions worked.

Tim

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

To delete emails on both the Blackberry and Outlook check Options > Email Reconciliation Change this option to the following Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld

Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!