Hello, We had a user who had duplicate contacts in his BB and we decided ... Server Admins forum

ldc
    ldc no está en línea Stack level 1

Loss of e-mails after activation

Advertisement

Hello,

We had a user who had duplicate contacts in his BB and we decided to re-activate his BB from the BES. When we activated his account lunchtime on Friday, he had no e-mails on his BB. When we go to 'expand folders under inbox' it only retreives e-mails received after Friday. Surely the BB should be able to retrieve e-mails from before the activation.

Are we missing something or is this general behaviour?

Thanks

Luke

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    If the emails were cleared. When re-activating old emails are not going to sync with the BB. Before activation it's good practice performe a FULL backup of the device. Then after the activation you can restore which would restore all the OLD emails etc.

Hope this helps.

ldc
    Hayden,

Thanks, That does help. The only strange thing is then is what is the pre-population setting on the BES for? It is set to 5 days and 200 messages. If after activation all e-mails are cleared then shouldn't it at least have the last 5 days of e-mails?

I will make sure that a backup is done next time.

Luke

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Yes, the prepopulation should get that many messages from the users exchange box and send them to the BB after activation.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ldc
    Hayden,

Thanks, That does help. The only strange thing is then is what is the pre-population setting on the BES for? It is set to 5 days and 200 messages. If after activation all e-mails are cleared then shouldn't it at least have the last 5 days of e-mails?

I will make sure that a backup is done next time.

Luke
    yes indeed. Somehow it failed. You can check the BES activity logs to see if you can find more.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    ldc, Welcome to PinStack.

Please let us know what you find in the logs. Always like to add to the information available about problems.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ldc
    I have had a look at the logs but to be honest I have never had the need to look through the logs and not entirely sure what I am looking for. In the log folder I have

ALRT
    CBCK
    CEXC
    CMNG
    CTRL
    DISP
    MAGT
    MDAT
    MNGR
    POLC
    ROUT
    SYNC

I have had a look through the DISP log and I can see a lot of activity for that user around the time we re-activated it but it just says that it is receiving data. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your help so far everyone! It is greatly appreciated. I will just make sure it is all backed up!!!

Cheers

Luke

Yazaaab no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had this problem with my BB8100, I activated and did not get my old email but then I did a wipe of the handheld and then reactivated it I got my old email.

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3
    When you reactivate a user it will loose it's RefID's for emails previously stored in sub folders.
    Blackberry Support Forums - Asia Pacific
    www.blackberryforums.com.au

resolution no está en línea Stack level 1
    pre-population wont work unless the user has been removed adn then added back to the BES.