Just curious if anyone might be able to offer a reason for this problem I ... Server Admins forum

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Losing the ability to send email via BES

Advertisement

Just curious if anyone might be able to offer a reason for this problem I have.
    Twice in the past two weeks I have been able to RECEIVE my company email, but unable to SEND it. In addition to this, when I try to open any attachment that is sent to my company email, it claims I don't have the service book, however it shows up in my list of service books. My corp IT person resent the service books and it fixed the problem last time, and I'm waiting for her to do it again to see if it works again. I'm curious what your thoughts are as to the cause of this. Is it likely due to 3rd party apps that might be conflicting with my BES, or something that my IT is doing to the BES that's causing this.
    Any ideas?
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Losing the ability to send email via BES

The other day I deleted my desktop service book, and my emails came through fine, but I could not send out at all. I did an Enterprise Activation and problem solved. Maybe you are missing a very important service book that only comes through with Enterprise?

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

I had a similar problem with one of my users. tried service books, then re-activation. Each time it was temporarily fixed. I ended up upgrading his OS to ver 4.1.295, then re-activating. So far so good, its been a couple of months now.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Occasionally, my BES account stops responding.

All I do is plug my BB into the USB on my computer, run DM, and generate a new security key.

After that, all returns to 'normal'.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Thanks guys! I'll give your solution a try Lewis.
    I didn't have to do an EA last time, so I hope I don't have to do that this time. Its just a PITA! thanks again!

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

In reply to a PIN I received:

With my BB connected to the computer, I launch DM.

After it initialises, I have four options:

Application Loader
    Backup and Restore
    Intellisync
    Redirector Settings

I click on redirector settings.

Four tabs:

General
    Filters
    Security
    Advanced

I click on Security.

There are two options:

Generate keys automatically
    Generate keys manually

It's been my experience a couple of times that the keys are not updated automatically.

I rarely plug my BB into the computer, because I have full ota sync with Outlook and the BES. So I've got no need to plug in.

But about once every other month, I will generate a new key manually, just to keep it up to date.

If you don't have these options available to you, that's because of the configuration of your BES.

Hope that helps!

sangesf no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23C8604D

sangesf no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23C8604D

If your corp email is like mine.. (I'm the IT person here) you lose the ability to send emails when you mailbox is full (my email group only allows 50 meg on the server). That's usually the problem with sending... With the service book issue... Just backup your data, wipe your handheld, and put a newer version of your Blackberry OS on and that should fix that issue.. (Just restore your data when your done.)

daniel33 no está en línea Stack level 1

All 3 of the blackberry users in my office experienced the same problem last Saturday, and we still couldn't send emails on Monday when we got back to the office. Our IT guys said...

Microsoft have released a recent hotfix for Exchange server that prevents users easily implementing send as permissions to other users mailboxes. This hotfix was installed when Windows Update was recently run on your server. This hotfix however also breaks Blackberry as the BESAdmin account needs to be able to send as when relaying messages out from your handhelds.

There was a fix that works around the issue. Now resolved. Hope that helps.

wde3h no está en línea Stack level 1

The patch only effected Exchange 2003 customers and could be rolled back. We have had issues like this in the past and if you deleted the CMIME and regenerated encryption key it started working again. I would do a complete back of your HH and then use javaloader to wipe the HH. This will wipe all code from the HH it should give you a 507 error message. Launch the application loader and reload the HH if you are attached to a BES it will start the activation for you, if not call the administrator and tell them you would like to complete an over the air activation ( only if you are running 4.0 or better)