Is it possible to lock blacberry devices from BES? I need to lock all blackberry ... Server Admins forum

abhi79 no está en línea Stack level 1

Locking Blackberry devices from BES

Advertisement

Is it possible to lock blacberry devices from BES? I need to lock all blackberry devices after 10 minutes to inactivity.
    Also how do I set up the password to unlock the device??
    I am new to BES.Could somebody please give me instructions if the above is possible?

Thanks,
    Ab

sanper no está en línea Stack level 1
    The blackberry policy reference guide is a good start. You dont want to make changes to the default policy. You want to create a new policy but is better if you understand how the policies work.

Search on blackberry.com for Policy Refence Guide and BES admin guide

rufy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    -
    Yes you can lock it using bes.
    There is an option to lock single device or by it policy to all device.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3
    Quote Originally Posted by sanper View Post
    The blackberry policy reference guide is a good start. You dont want to make changes to the default policy. You want to create a new policy but is better if you understand how the policies work.

Search on blackberry.com for Policy Refence Guide and BES admin guide
    Click on the blackberry domain, edit properties, new window opens up, it policy on the leftside of the window, click the it policy that you want, it should open another window, click the policy that youre going to edit, password policy group, set password timeout

set the time limit to 10 mins

qc_metal no está en línea Developer
    Be prepared for some backlash after setting this up. I speak from experience...

Notify your users before you do this.

Also, don't go nuts with the password complexity if you feel you don't have to. Having to enter things like numbers may frustrate your users...especially if they ever cable the device for any reason.

abhi79 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the response,
    As of now we just have a default IT policy so I would be creating a new IT policy.Also once the policy is in place, does it go into effect for all users ?? Or do I have to edit each user's properties by enabling set password and lock handheld??

qc_metal no está en línea Developer
    Just creating the policy would do nothing; you need to assign your users to that policy. Once that is done, the changes would occur within minutes (depending if they are within coverage or not).