As is the trend these days, I must have a handheld device for work. I ... Server Admins forum

Feb
    Feb no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Keeping Blackberry Personal

Advertisement

As is the trend these days, I must have a handheld device for work. I got tired of carrying my Blackberry and my cell phone, so I decided to buy my own Blackberry and just have my work e-mail forwarded to it. I want to keep everything else, i.e. Calendar, Address Book, Web browsers, separate from my work server. In other words, the only thing I want to appear on my Blackberry from work is my e-mail.

The IT person that is helping me had me run the enterprise activation. But once the activation was complete, I found out that this synchronizes all of my Outlook files with my Blackberry. But I am paying for the device and want to use it primarily for personal use.

Is there a way to just have my work e-mails sent to my Blackberry without having anything else synchronized with their server?

robc2585 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Keeping Blackberry Personal

well you have a few options...you could disable wireless syncing for the calendar, contacts, and notes. you could also disable PIM syncing when you connect the bb to your computer via desktop manager.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i choose not to be on the BES -- i signed up for BIS and have my email pushed thru that way.

baconismidog no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You can try to set up a client side rule to forward to your blackberry address in your email client. This might not work since many corporate environments disallow forwarding. If that doesn't work you will have to get your tech to put the rule on the server side - good luck with that.

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3

If you have OWA, you can it up thru the BB.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by data1025
    If you have OWA, you can it up thru the BB.
    yeah...what he said ^^