Apparently the “final” BES 4.1.5 code was not so final, and there will be another ... Server Admins forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Just in: Update on BES 4.1.5

Advertisement

Apparently the “final” BES 4.1.5 code was not so final, and there will be another release with some additional bug fixes on 3/31
    More soon...

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3

Question

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    More soon...
    The LifeCycle page says 4/15 now...?

I called Tx2 Support this AM...they said April 17th now :-(

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3
    It´s up for partners since april 10th so i´m confident that it comes today.

orcberg no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by KeNNethX View Post
    I called Tx2 Support this AM...they said April 17th now :-(
    I wouldn't put too much confidence in Tx support's ability to give you accurate release date information. I've actually been extremely disappointed with the accuracy and quality of Tx support in the past couple months. I don't know if our agency has had bad luck and just keeps getting unknowledgeable representatives or if there is actually a decline over there, but I'm definitely longing for the days when we would get a brilliant and helpful person every single time. I'd say the last 3 calls into Tx support have yielded no resolution at all, and just led to me having to invest a lot more time and forum browsing to solve the problem myself. One of those 3 calls, I couldn't even understand the representative I spoke with and I don't think she was familiar with BES at all. When a problem is beyond my ability to fix, I like to be able to have confidence in the person I talk to at RIM.

Anyhow, they haven't changed the date on the product lifecycle page yet so theoretically it should still release today. That remains to be seen though. RIM has definitely been getting beaten up on this SP.

jtrent1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by orcberg View Post
    Anyhow, they haven't changed the date on the product lifecycle page yet so theoretically it should still release today. That remains to be seen though. RIM has definitely been getting beaten up on this SP.
    WRONG. They've just updated to the 17th. How many times are they going to push this back???

RIM: Just tell me it's not going to be here until Christmas and I won't get bent out of shape each time you fail to meet your own deadline. You're doing a FANTASTIC job at looking like the biggest group of incompentent morons ever to attempt software development and release management.

QUIT PUTTING OUT THESE 2-WEEK, 1-MONTH, AND 2-DAY EXTENSIONS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jtrent1 View Post
    WRONG. They've just updated to the 17th. How many times are they going to push this back???

RIM: Just tell me it's not going to be here until Christmas and I won't get bent out of shape each time you fail to meet your own deadline. You're doing a FANTASTIC job at looking like the biggest group of incompentent morons ever to attempt software development and release management.

QUIT PUTTING OUT THESE 2-WEEK, 1-MONTH, AND 2-DAY EXTENSIONS!!!
    Haha, yep. They just changed it. Amazing. I don't know that I'd freak out over it as much as you just did but yes, it is irritating. I've been looking forward to deploying this for testing since February when our RIM representative told us that it was all ready to go and would be available to us on February 29th.

Haha, yep. They just changed it. Amazing. I don't know that I'd freak out over it as much as you just did but yes, it is irritating. I've been looking forward to deploying this for testing since February when our RIM representative told us that it was all ready to go and would be available to us on February 29th.
    Yeah....I think, my complaint to the brought to their attention that the LifeCycle page was not updated...the guy told me, that they had know for weeks that it was the 17th...Applesauce!!

jtrent1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ...I don't know that I'd freak out over it as much as you just did...
    Yeah, I tend to be a little over-passionate sometimes I'm not really crazy or all that reactionary, just easily annoyed by ineptness.

Quote Originally Posted by KeNNethX View Post
    Yeah....I think, my complaint to the brought to their attention that the LifeCycle page was not updated...the guy told me, that they had know for weeks that it was the 17th...Applesauce!!
    If this is true (that they've known for weeks and didn't bother to notify anyone or update their release information), I'm extremely disappointed with RIM. I'd be less irritated to know that they realized yesterday that maybe it's not ready for release, than to know that they've intended for an April 17th release date all this time. It's two days, yes, but the root of the issue is their failure to communicate. It's important that they remember why we invest considerable amounts of money in their product, services, and support contracts.

I don't know what it is, but I'm telling you this is just one more piece of evidence that there is an overall decline in quality with RIM -- not necessarily their product (even though we've never had so many problems with BlackBerrys until we upgraded to the 8310), but their people. Hopefully they address the cause of this, because while they may be the dominant solution in the smartphone industry, they're certainly not the only solution. We have already applied to be in the iPhone Enterprise beta.

4.1.5 is out...

...sort of. I called Tx2 support (because I didn't see it on the Downloads page) and the tech gave me ftp access. I have downloaded and will be upgrading soon. Yay! He also said...no HTML until the release of BES 5.0 (5.0 not 4.1.5
    He said there will be a couple of really big announcements at WES.

SP5 Download now on BB site

SP5 is available on BlackBerry . com > Downloads. There is an upgrader and full version.

ecnavt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32caaed1
    interesting "date posted" ... 5-Mar-2008.

gee RIM... you're holding back on us!

dimrim no está en línea Stack level 1
    Oddly enough the full version just vanished and i can't get at the upgrader guide. But I'm almost done downloading the upgrader.