I have searched through the forums and found that many people are having the same ... Server Admins forum

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3

Junk Email Folder Redirection (On a hosted BES)

Advertisement

I have searched through the forums and found that many people are having the same problem in that the BES appears to grab messages before Outlook even has a chance to put them in the Junk folder...

It seems that for everyone the solution is to open the BB Manager and un-enable the Junk Emails. The problem for me is that my company uses a hosted exchange server (intermedia.net) so I do not have access to this feature.

Is there any other way to stop the SPAM from hitting my blackberry??

I get about 30+ emails a day that I want and a lot of SPAM that I do not want so it is quite a pain in the a$$.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

I have unchecked the box in the Email-> Options->Email Settings->Folder Redirection

jimmyfeet no está en línea Stack level 1
    The only way i believe this is possible (other than use BES global/user filters) is to tick the Junk E-mail folder for this user and set the "Hide Filed Messages" setting on the BB device to YES.
    You should find that (new) junk email is then not visible in the inbox on the BB device - this will not have any effect on the existing junk email unfortunately.
    The junk email will actually be in the junk email subfolder on the BB device, but will not be visible in the BB inbox. To ensure that it gets removed from the BB when you empty deleted items in Outlook, you may want to enable Hard Deletes support on the BES (just in case your users are hard deleting from the junk email folder).

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for the suggestion... But I currently have several other rules active (a folder for all my CC & BCC's...) that I want to hit my BB so doing this will hide them also I assume?

Has anyone played with the program from www.antair.com??

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyfeet View Post
    The only way i believe this is possible (other than use BES global/user filters) is to tick the Junk E-mail folder for this user and set the "Hide Filed Messages" setting on the BB device to YES.
    You should find that (new) junk email is then not visible in the inbox on the BB device - this will not have any effect on the existing junk email unfortunately.
    The junk email will actually be in the junk email subfolder on the BB device, but will not be visible in the BB inbox. To ensure that it gets removed from the BB when you empty deleted items in Outlook, you may want to enable Hard Deletes support on the BES (just in case your users are hard deleting from the junk email folder).