I'm a new BES Admin and am just curious about your favorite IT policies and ... Server Admins forum

RJeffDay no está en línea Stack level 2

Question IT Policy: Which ones do you use?

Advertisement

I'm a new BES Admin and am just curious about your favorite IT policies and why you use them.

I've been reading the threads and of course understand the need for passwords and such, but I was wondering what else is out there that I might consider looking at from a security standpoint.

So... What are your favorite policies and more importantly WHY do YOU use them?

Thanks,

JDay

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Policies are dependant on the Organizational Requirements. We have 1 standard custom one that we use and are making changes as we need. It is all dependant on what you want to do and how much you wan to restrict the device.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I am required to disable software downloads. People know that if they need something specific, they can come to me and I will install it for them. It rarely happens though because I load them up with all the good stuff.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    We force a password lock and wipe the device after five unsuccessful attempts. We were forcing content protection but the lag it caused on the devices was to great to continue using. It is up to the user if they want to install any 3rd party software but is unsupported by the IT dept.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    We force a password lock and wipe after 5 as well. I set the lock time out to 15 minutes. I get a lot of gripes, but they eventually learn to deal with it.