Current policy is based on default policy with my modifications in it but if the ... Server Admins forum

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3

IT policy User upgr BB software?

Advertisement

Current policy is based on default policy with my modifications in it but if the user user upgr their handheld sw that should work fine? can handheld software updr done OTA? Thanks

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    BlackBerries are notoriously backwards compatable. When the Daylight Savings Time patch had to be applied, devices that had been in the field for YEARS with no maintenance took the patch when it was pushed. I think only OS 3.6 and lower didn't work.

Applications can be pushed by the BES or installed OTA. Only OS 4.6 (due out any second now.... IS IT THERE YET???) has OS OTA installation!
    JerryD

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3
    yes Thanks Amigotek i was just wondering because on the BES when you highlight a handheld all the way down you see software upgradable false
    Last edited by BBP; 05-07-2008 at 01:45 PM.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    He was actually asking if the OS is there yet. In answer to your question, yes the user can upgrade their software and the IT Policy will still be there. No, you can not push the OS out to the user unless you have access to 4.6 (which I don't think has made it out of R&D at RIM yet).

Zo