Hi folks, Forgive me if this is the wrong forum and if it is can ... Server Admins forum

hightower no está en línea Stack level 1

IT policy removal

Advertisement

Hi folks,

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum and if it is can you direct me to the correct one.

I got a tmobile 8320 which works great except for one thing. I cant download anything. I can surf to google and other basic websites and thats it. Anything I want to download or add like a better browser will not let me.

All because it says the IT policy does not allow it. So how can I change this?
    Is there a way to remove it and put in a default? IT is quite annoying.
    Wiping the handheld didnt make a difference by the way.

Thanks

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    If this is a company phone bound to a current BES, I would not do anything except talk to your IT guys and ask what's up.

Now if you happened to be on a BES and no longer are then by all means follow KalebsDad78 link and have at it. I would just be very careful...

Good luck!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hightower no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am not associated with any company. Its a personal phone I got off ebay unlocked and using Fido service. Because fido doesnt actually support blackberry, im not using any blackberry functions. However using wifi I still cant download anything.

Tried the link above, followed instructions to download a policy.bin, and regedit yet after sync it still exists. Under security, the policy still reads "8800 devices"