Hi evryone. I'd like to create an IT Policy that will stop current BB devices ... Server Admins forum

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

IT Policy question

Advertisement

Hi evryone.

I'd like to create an IT Policy that will stop current BB devices from using emails, both sending and recieving.

I've managed to do this witha policy, but the user can still send/recive to non corporate email address ie. hotmail, Gmail etc.

What have i missed in the original policy or can anyone tell me what I need to stop all emails, both corporate and non corporate?

Thank you.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    If I understand the question correctly, you have a user that is on a BES, and you've been able to apply an IT Policy that prohibits the user from setting up or using a BIS email account, but the user can still send emails out to email addresses outside your BES's email domain.

If that's the case, you're probably better off filtering that at the mail server.
    JerryD

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Thanks for replying,

You're nearly right, here's what I've got:

Users on BBs on an BES (v4.0). I've created a policy where I 'thought' I stopped all email traffic in and out of a particular BB. Theere's no BIS account involved. But it turns out the user can still send emails from the BB to non corporate email addresses....maybe my policy is totally wrong!

Can you tell me what I need to actually add to a policy that stops all emails to a blackberry device?

Thanks.

singk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2437547A
    You may want to check out the RIM KB15208 from 3IM knownledgeBase website

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Thanks, but that's for BIS emails, I'm trying to stop all emails from the BES to and from the Blackberry.

I just don't want the user to recieve or send any emails from his Blackberry. TheBlackberry is on a BES.

I've checked through all the IT Policy options, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Hhmmmm....

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Ok, let's do it slightly differently...

How else would you stop a Blackberry user sending and receiving any emails of any kind from the Blackberry using the BES (4.0)?

Can anyone advice?

Thanks again...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    I've never disabled just emails from a device, however, you can uncheck the Inbox and Sent Items from having them sync. To do this click the properties of the user in BlackBerry Manager. Select the Redirection tab and under the Folder Redirection section select Selected folder and uncheck all the apply in the box. Press OK and OK and see if this works. Make sure to wait a few minutes for the update to take.
    Last edited by jrockett; 01-26-2009 at 01:21 PM.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca
    Depending on what mail server bes is integrating to you can also remove the bes service accounts permission to send on behalf of that user. I know you can do it in exchange but not sure about other mail servers.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Thanks, Diablo,

We're using Lotus Notes. Not sure where to look for that on the BES though.

I've searched all over for this, but it seems that there's not a definitive solution where I can just stop all going to and from a BB device that's on a BES.