I got a question...my company took my personal BB and allowed me to get my ... Server Admins forum

jekko1 no está en línea Stack level 3

IT Policy on BES Server

Advertisement

I got a question...my company took my personal BB and allowed me to get my work email off their server.

When I got hooked up with the BES server I got the companies IT policies on my phone as well.

I now can not add themes or 3rd party applications to my BB (Sucks!)

Lets say I followed the steps to delete and IT policy.....would that kick me off the BES Server? I can not afford to get my emails on my phone for the next 3 weeks while working on this project.

I read that once service books are sent again the policies will come back which is fine I just need to be allowed to add some themes to the new 8900.

I asked my IT guy and he has no idea how to allow me permissions to do this.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    If you remove the IT Policy it will just be pushed back down to your BB as long as your BB is on the BES.

What I would do is have the IT Admin for the BES look at the IT Policy and see if he can loosen it up some.

Or create a generic IT Policy with the defaults....move you into that IT Policy group....let you do what you want ( load games themes apps ) and then move you back to the controled IT Policy

I know I do that for certain users here at work
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

jekko1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    SO I could potentially delete the IT policy with out kicking myself off of the BES Server?

My IT guy knows nothing other then how to connect a BB to the server. When you ask him anything he just looks at you and stares.

All I want to do is add some new themes to my 8900. Is there a way I could do this with out his help?

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jekko1 View Post
    SO I could potentially delete the IT policy with out kicking myself off of the BES Server?
    As soon as delete it and do anything it will be pushed back down to your BB

The Service Books will see that it gone and it will push/Pull it back down.

Here is a link on how to remove the IT Policy http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...move+IT+policy
    Last edited by ice44; 02-17-2009 at 07:52 PM.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    But, Remember, If you remove the It Policy without permission you're are probably in violation of your Companies Network Security policy. Be sure to check with HR as to what the penalties are for that.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    To remove IT Policy you have to wipe your device. This will remove your connection to your company's BES.

While you might be able to install some applications before reconnecting to the BES, the policy will be applied to your device, and unapproved applications will not work once you reconnect.

And don't waste your breath pleading with IT. It's probably not them, it's the Security department. At my company our Security department (who knows less about BlackBerries than our BES Admins - who know woefully little about BlackBerries) decided to disable MDS because of an incredibly obscure, incredibly difficult to exploit security flaw in MDS (if a user installs a mallicious program... NO DUH!). We now have no way to access our Intranet from our BlackBerries!

GREAT!
    JerryD