Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

You will have to contact the BES Admin from you old company. he will have ... Server Admins forum

Tim_W no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

You will have to contact the BES Admin from you old company. he will have to disable the IT Policy from your device. There is no way around it. Once this is done, you can create your own password.
    Last edited by Tim_W; 11-18-2008 at 12:14 PM. Reason: adding more information.

zado no está en línea Stack level 1

please help

Well guys the link posted below does not work, if some one please can post a working link or anthor easy way to delete the I.T policy on my blackberry. i'll really be thankfull.

here is the link i'm sorry i forgot to included:

Step 2
    Download the file policy.bin Use "http"
    users.tpg.com.au/dan1e1w/files/policy.bin

don't mind me if i ask what's BES ???? can some please explain in easy detailed way.

HughJass no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2443424B
    grrr.... can't get the first link to work, and the firewall is stuck on and willnot allow me to disable it... which, needless to say means i can't run opera mini, or any other 3rd party apps. any suggestions??
    "Gravity is a cruel mistress!" - the Tick
    PIN: 2443424B

HughJass no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2443424B
    Quote Originally Posted by zado View Post
    don't mind me if i ask what's BES ???? can some please explain in easy detailed way.
    BES is BlackBerry Enterprise Server -> corporate business usage generally speaking. It gives the company, and more specifically the IT person full control over what you can and cannot do with the device, as well as connections to corporate email, etc.

It's counter-part if you will, is what most of us use, BIS -> BlackBerry Internet Service which is pretty much the "general" BlackBerry service. This is what you use when you sign up as a customer at your local store/booth/kiosk.

If I missed anything, please feel free to add in!
    "Gravity is a cruel mistress!" - the Tick
    PIN: 2443424B

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Quote Originally Posted by HughJass View Post
    grrr.... can't get the first link to work, and the firewall is stuck on and willnot allow me to disable it... which, needless to say means i can't run opera mini, or any other 3rd party apps. any suggestions??

The phone I am using, has a lock on the firewall as well, but opera works just fine, i believe it uses your TCP apn settings, make sure you have them in there..

My problem is with a couple of programs that want to register online such as documents to go... thats when i get the whole error about the IT policy..

google maps, opera mini, nobex, several program all work fine
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

grahamhk no está en línea Stack level 1

fix

this fixed 2 of my apps: change your connection or connection mode settings to Direct or TCP. Setting to BIS generates the same firewall errors for me that you've received.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345