Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'm not a BES Admin so can't say from experience, but from everything I've ever ... Server Admins forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: IT Policy...How can I remove this?

Advertisement

I'm not a BES Admin so can't say from experience, but from everything I've ever read, they have this capability. If your device is still connected to the BES, my advice is to leave well enough alone.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jason1114 no está en línea Stack level 2

As a BES admin i can look in the device manager and see what policy is set on any handheld. but do i look specifically at the policy....NO.

dianam no está en línea Stack level 1

I used www dot removeblackberrypolicy.com and it worked, albeit for $50. They sent me a referral code though for $10 off mention code NOPOLICY.

shaunburger no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey guys,

I'm a new user and have had the same problem with the password. Thanks for the info. I followed the dir. just like you said and it works. I can't beleive that it works.
    Thanks

twinkiefan no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by infernox
    Does the BES Admin have a tool that can determine if you changed the IT Policy or not?
    Many of us BES admins simply set the BES to automatically resend the policy on a periodic basis to combat users that want to mess with important stuff like the device policy. :P

Users tend to get tired of changing the policy FAR before BES gets tired of resending it.

br0nx finest no está en línea Stack level 1

Edit, when through w/ it again, and it worked fine. Guess I caught the jitters the first time...thanks pinstack!

jjsupah no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks so much, this worked

will2k no está en línea Stack level 1

Wow I am in the same dilemna here, I bought an 8700c off of craiglist form this guy. the phone showed his name as well as he also showed me his drivers lisence so I trusted him but after all of this, how do I not know he just did the password reset thingy that I just did, I tried setting up a BIS account but the PIN/MEIE number is taken. I also think this is a BES phone, how would I check that? and what do I need to do to get this phone on, its a cingular phone and I am with cingular but I dont want to put my SIM card in there scared of this being a fishy phone. what is my next step? should I trying taking off the BES. and Will i get in trouble if I stick my SIM card in the phone and start using it?

Thanks in advance, I feel like such a dumb ***, I should have paid the moola from cingualr!!

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

Wouldn't be surprised if I (BES Admin) could figure out you'd messed with the policy if I had a mind to look into it. Thanksfully I don't have to because as long as you're on my BES you'll get the policy right back as soon as you contact the server.
    PIN: 303150C7

which desktop versionam i suppose to DL? I have 8700c. thanks in advance

I tried to put on a chess game recently but the app said, "verfication denied 1740, on something something 0046" is this an IT policie

dlowy no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: IT Policy...How can I remove this?

OK, so if I wanted to tell our Admin to change the poicy, what would I tell them to change to allow this?

Thanx,

David

mstng00 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have Pearl 8100 phone that was bought new from Cingular and has never been on a BES at all. I am getting the message "The application (appname) has attempted to open a connedtion to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy". I have used 2 differant applications with the same error. I have checked my phone and it seems unlocked with out a policy but have no real way to verify. i have verfied with Cingualr that no IT policy exists, and have verified the TCP settings as mention but still same issue. Can some one please help me on this? thanks alot.

Kewl Machine no está en línea Stack level 1

mstng00 did you have a chance to try the resolution on page 1 of this thread which I've reproduced below:

Found the fix through searching other threads. In my case, I had to add the following entries under Options | TCP

APN: wap.cingular
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1

After making these changes a hard reset is recommended (remove the battery) but I didn't have to do it. google maps starting working rt after this change.

maxi2001hk no está en línea Stack level 1

hey guys,
    i have a prob with my blackberry 8700 handheld. i am trying to remove the password from my handheld but i cant remove the passwords. when i try going to Options >Security Options >Genral Option >Password: ( here i cant find any optiion to DISABLE the passwords) it says( changePasswords ). can anyone help me with this prob plz? i want to remove the passwords from my handheld. but i cant any way. if anyone can help. i will be very thankFull to you guys.
    M-2-R

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast