Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hello, I just recently bought a Used BB 7290. It was a Corporate BB and ... Server Admins forum

chefbambam no está en línea Stack level 1

IT Policy...How can I remove this?

Advertisement

Hello,
    I just recently bought a Used BB 7290. It was a Corporate BB and I downloaded Google Maps on to it. Now when I try to Open that Application, I get the following message:
    "The Application gmaps7290_v4_0_L1 has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy"

Can anyone tell me how I can remove the IT Policy or Security, so that I am able to, in the future, add New Applications or Programs and the Open them and use them?

Thank you for your help,
    Chef BamBam

chris no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2521CA50

Re: IT Policy...How can I remove this?

I would also be interested in finding how to do this for my 7100v

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Go into Options / Security / General settings and click the trackwheel select Wipe handheld and write blackberry in the text box

Should reset the BB

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

Quote Originally Posted by sn1p3r
    Go into Options / Security / General settings and click the trackwheel select Wipe handheld and write blackberry in the text box

Should reset the BB
    Wiping a BB will not remove the IT Policy.

check out blackberry dot ig3 dot net (unable to post links yet)

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Sorry I tried I'm not on BES so I can't help

Well, I tried the suggestion of the blackberry.ig3.net and it did remove the IT Policy setting, but I still can't get my Program that I downloaded to Open and load!??!!??!? I am getting so confused with this BB. Should I try taking the Battery out and doing a Hard Reset, since I changed the Security settings??

I want to Thank you for your help!!!!

gurucomputer no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400E81DC

Removal of IT Policy Procedure
    This procedure worked on a group of Nextel 7520's I purchased and should work for many others...

Step 1
    Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again.

If you don't have the CD that came with your Blackberry, the Software can be downloaded here. Use "https and www"

blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Step 2
    Download the file policy.bin Use "http"
    users.tpg.com.au/dan1e1w/files/policy.bin

Save it in your Blackberry installation directory
    C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry

Step 3
    Wipe your Blackberry, creating a backup if necessary. Select Options/Security/Wipe on the Device.

Step 4
    Close the Desktop Manager if it is open.

Step 5
    From the Windows Start Menu select Run..., and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side, navigate to:

HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager

Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value "Path". Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to:
    C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin

Step 6
    Open the Desktop Manager.

Step 7
    Connect the Device.

Verification
    Once complete, the Options/Security screen on your Blackberry should not contain references to an IT Policy, you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts), and install Third Party Applications.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

gurucomputer, Welcome to the Stacks, and thanks for the information. And as a word of warning to all,

If you are on a company BES with your Blackberry, Company or Personal, attempting to remove the IT policy may result in disciplinary action for violation of company network policies. Be wary.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    gurucomputer, Welcome to the Stacks, and thanks for the information. And as a word of warning to all,

If you are on a company BES with your Blackberry, Company or Personal, attempting to remove the IT policy may result in disciplinary action for violation of company network policies. Be wary.

Rcbjr.
    yes very important you check with the BES admin or he at least agree to not alert anyone as he has access to determin if the IT policy has been removed.

I have done the procedure listed above (2x's) now and it did Remove the IT Policy in the Security box in Options. But it still won't allow me to Open and run the Program that I have downloaded. Yes, this was a Company BB....I bought it off of EBay and I am very satisfied with it so far, works great!! With this one exception, of not being able to Open and run the software that I have downloaded. I am beginning to wonder if I don't need to Totally Wipe the whole BB clean and re-load everything from the beginning, just like it was straight out of the box?? Is there anyway to do this??

Everyone has been a BIG help and I want to Thank you, everyone!! Hopefully, one of these days real soon, I will be able to get onto the Forums and help someone else out!!

Chefbambam

yo_fishy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

You can try updating the OS on the handheld since you've removed the IT policy. Since you have Cingular, go to the URL below to download the new 4.1 software if you don't have it already installed.

www . Cingular . bbrim . net (Choose your model of BB to download the new software).

With the handheld disconnected from your pc, install the software then connect the BB through USB. Your pc should "find new hardware" and load the new RIM device with no problem. Launch your desktop software, choose application loader and you should be asked to update your OS. Also, if you currently have the 4.1 software installed, you should be able to reload the OS choosing different options/apps to load.

Just make sure you backup of need be and during the install process, uncheck the radio button to backup/restore all device data and choose the option to wipe all data. This should be like starting new.

cv
    cv no está en línea Stack level 2

Is blackberry.ig3.net no longer valid? The link doesnt work and I have an old 7100 I need to wipe and get the IT policy off?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

If it has the IT policy still on the device, yes you need to have it removed.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

chefbambam, What Application are you trying to run? It may have some impact on our troubleshooting help for you.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

Quote Originally Posted by cv
    Is blackberry.ig3.net no longer valid? The link doesnt work and I have an old 7100 I need to wipe and get the IT policy off?

Works for me.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast