Hi all, Please help with this one... I've been asked to 'disable' a bout 10 ... Server Admins forum

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

IT Policy help

Advertisement

Hi all,

Please help with this one...

I've been asked to 'disable' a bout 10 BB 8310s at a ceretain time today!! Don't ask!

They don't want any emails or SMS and possibly calls going to these BBs for the whole day.

I'm sure I can do this from my BES (4.0), but there's sooo many options, which one do I use to disable emails and SMS to these BBs?

Please help..

Thanks

wolfeman75 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EF9EE6
    can you right click on the user, lock the handheld and re-set password? This will lock the phone and whoever's holding it won't be able to unlock it unless they have the correct password. If you're wanting to just disable calls/sms/email, and still be able to use the phone as PIM device, it could get a little trickier.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Wolfeman75...Has a simple solution, I was looking through the policy reference guide, many options to choose from. I am not currently in front of my BES, but unless they need to be able to use the PIM data, you should be able to just lock the handhelds. But if they get a call they will be able to answer, just another thought.

You said dont ask, but I am so curious...why, lock it out for a day?
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

As you say, there are loads of options to select in IT Policies.

I created a new policy and added the firewall rule to stop incoming sms and pins.

Then I added a rule to stop incoming calls and one more to disable further reconciliation for emails.

I whacked all the above into the new policy and applied it to the users in question. It worked just fine.

Wolfman, you ask why, I'll tell ya why....a high flying corporate meeting with other companies and so wanted to show off the greatness of the IT dept. So that's what they need me for, huh...why do I bother! Lol :-)