As mentioned in thread below re 8707, I seemed to have developed a problem on ... Server Admins forum

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

IT Policy : Error

Advertisement

As mentioned in thread below re 8707, I seemed to have developed a problem on my BES, but I have a suspiscion it may be a device issue.

Rather than a rambling explanation here are the key facts

• I have tried to get two devices onto BES.
    • Both on different users, who have previously been assigned other devices
    • 1 of the users can be re-activated on his old device no problems.
    • The activation starts (0%)
    • BB manager says IT POLICY : ERROR
    • I have tried creating and applying a new policy - same effect
    • I have wiped both devices - nothing
    • I have re-installed / updated both OS - same

1 handheld is a used swap out from supplier - could it be linked to another BES and that has a policy or 'hold' over the device?
    1 handheld is off ebay - it is branded PROSUMER and has no obvious Ent Activation in menu, you can get to through set up wizard, or of course plug into DM which prompts to configure handset.

It seems that both devices are refusing the policy which halts activation. Any ideas welcome, to get rid of 1 irrate user, and for me to be able to use this lovely curve to see what all the fuss is about.

Thanks in advance BES heads

PIN/ID
    2521F913

Re: IT Policy : Error

~via "activated curve" BB (wap.pinstack.com)

Full explanation to come when I get used to this pixies keyboard. Basically vodafone are now provisioning devices with either BIS or BES. Just got mine re provisioned by our provider who is a reseller for voda so nothing to pay. Downside I now have no access to BIS so all my other acounts won't come through on this device. Have asked to be provisioned for both. Will post result here.

leob no está en línea BES Pro

Have you tired using an app like JLCommander to completely remove the OS and reload the latest OS? In my experience this will remove any IT Policy that may of been previously loaded.

PIN/ID
    2521F913

Yes I have done this even nuking the device when it was usb'd to my BES. The issue as mentioned above was found to be the network designating the DEVICE and not the SIM as being a prosumer rather than BES unit. Most people say there is no difference between units branded one or the other but their now appears to be.

Thanks for your reply
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~