I haven't had the need to play around with much in the way of IT ... Server Admins forum

clafhn no está en línea Stack level 1

Question IT Policy: Delete on handheld setting

Advertisement

I haven't had the need to play around with much in the way of IT policies on my BES, but there's one thing that I need, and I can't find the setting. Is it just my imagination, or does it not exist in the policy settings?

My boss is a little too quick to delete things on her BlackBerry, and this has caused problems as the inbox is synchronised with the server - deleted on handheld = deleted on server. I know of the setting in Email / Options to delete on handheld only, not mailbox and handheld. But I can only access this setting on the device. I would really like to be able to push this setting across in an IT policy.

Does anyone know how I can achieve this?

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: IT Policy: Delete on handheld setting

I haven't seen anything like that either, you'd have to manually set the Delete On settings on the Handheld itself

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d

Let me make sure I understand what you're trying to do. You want the messages she deletes on her handheld to also delete on the server, so that it never hits the other clients on her box? Or she's receiving sync/conflict errors in her Outlook client because the handheld is set to "win" and you want to stop that? I guess the question to ask would be: what does the user want to acheive, and is this the same thing you'd want all users to acheive through a group policy on the BES?

Let me ask this too: Does the user have any rules on her Outlook client--or do you have them set up in the BES panel--to move / sort messages around? And if so, are they sorting to public folders or to a PST?

Lastly, what's your BES version?
    Last edited by PwDiamond; 07-26-2007 at 11:49 PM.

clafhn no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by PwDiamond
    Let me make sure I understand what you're trying to do. You want the messages she deletes on her handheld to also delete on the server, so that it never hits the other clients on her box? Or she's receiving sync/conflict errors in her Outlook client because the handheld is set to "win" and you want to stop that? I guess the question to ask would be: what does the user want to acheive, and is this the same thing you'd want all users to acheive through a group policy on the BES?
    No, that's not what I want to achieve. She will delete from the BlackBerry handheld regardless: I want them to stay deleted on the handheld, but not be moved from the inbox on the server. I need the 'deleted' mail to be accessible from every other client apart from the BlackBerry.

Let me ask this too: Does the user have any rules on her Outlook client--or do you have them set up in the BES panel--to move / sort messages around? And if so, are they sorting to public folders or to a PST?
    No, there are no client or server side rules in operation. (She uses Entourage on a Mac and OWA to view on a PC, with the BlackBerry being the main place she views email.)

Lastly, what's your BES version?
    Xpress 4.1.2.25 interfacing with Exchange 2003.

The setting mentioned above ('Delete on: Mailbox & Handheld/Handheld') will do exactly what I need it to do - I just want to be able to set this through an IT policy rather than manually enabling it on the device.

Lakes_Puma no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by clafhn
    No, that's not what I want to achieve. She will delete from the BlackBerry handheld regardless: I want them to stay deleted on the handheld, but not be moved from the inbox on the server. I need the 'deleted' mail to be accessible from every other client apart from the BlackBerry.

No, there are no client or server side rules in operation. (She uses Entourage on a Mac and OWA to view on a PC, with the BlackBerry being the main place she views email.)

Xpress 4.1.2.25 interfacing with Exchange 2003.

The setting mentioned above ('Delete on: Mailbox & Handheld/Handheld') will do exactly what I need it to do - I just want to be able to set this through an IT policy rather than manually enabling it on the device.
    I too would like to know if this is possible (on a BES for Domino server)

Anyone?