Does anyone have a white paper on this or could point me in the right ... Server Admins forum

fhb_support no está en línea Stack level 1

IT Policy - "best practices"

Advertisement

Does anyone have a white paper on this or could point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks BBP! I've been looking at this for a few days now and was wondering if there was anything else out there.

Let me ask you this (if you don't mind answering): what setting did you put for "Disallow Third Party Application Downloads" and why?

Thanks again!

BBP
    Well… Disallow Third Party Application Downloads is good because you dont want the user to install anything extra that can cause issues but this depend on the user because some people know what they are doing and some dont so you create policies depend on the user also it will maybe make it little difficult if lost a handheld…. Leave the default policy untouched you can copy it couple of times and customize with different policy name ...etc and apply I to whatever users/groups you want

Thanks BBP, I'll definitely need to take that into consideration. Especially since my number of users continue to grow.

Also, what did you mean when you said "...it will maybe make it little difficult if lost a handheld…."?

BBP
    incase one of the BBs is lost it will have some policies to stop some functions