Hello- I'm a newb to everything blackberry, actually I don't own one. However, I'm responsible ... Server Admins forum

durrty no está en línea Stack level 1

IT Policies and "waterfall" e-mails

Advertisement

Hello-
    I'm a newb to everything blackberry, actually I don't own one. However, I'm responsible for getting information to high level personnel who do. Anyway, here's the issue,. I've been tasked to find out why IT Policies are 'lost', it seems that resending the servicebooks and the IT Policy fixes some of our user's inability to send/rec'v, so now it's been asked why are they having to be resent in the first place? Also, on occasion (I guess) several users won't rec'v e-mail for a couple of days. All of a sudden, they receive a 'waterfall' of e-mails (including e-mails they've sent). Any direction or links to where I could find this info would be greatly appreciated. I've attempted to search through this group, but I don't even know what I'm looking for. Thanks for your help...

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: IT Policies and "waterfall" e-mails

Could be loss of data signal, wireless registration issues, issues with the BES account, etc.

Thanks for the info...That's a start. And the search begins...Ugh!

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

I would think it's more of a signal issue. You can always try to remove them from the BES and then readd them again and then do another EA to see if that fixes the issue.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

I agree with audit. Make sure the users are in an area that has data coverage for the carrier. I've seen a similar problem when some users are out in the sticks for a while then travel back into civilization they get a flood of emails and other alerts.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

This site is unbelievable! Thank you for the quick responses. I know my question was vague, but now I can 'fend' off the angry VIP's. Thanks again. Now. What information should one provide when asking questions (BES version, BB version, what else)?

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

BES Version and Updates.
    Exchange, Notes, Groupwise
    If others are having the same issue,
    If you've searched for the answers before posting.

That's the basics.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com