Is it possible to set such a policy on my bes express, that if any ... Server Admins forum

mqasim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20508e6b

Is this possible?

Advertisement

Is it possible to set such a policy on my bes express, that if any of the users registered to the bes server make a call, sms or email to a specified number or email i am notified?

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

Re: Is this possible?

As far as I am aware, no, this is not possible. The IT policy can be set to limit these things, but other than that, I don't think they can be tracked.

PIN/ID
    20508e6b

Hmm what if I want all the emails cc'd to me? Is that possible?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3

You can set logging for phone (on by default),SMS and PIN messages but you will have to extract the data from the logs.
    Blackberry Support Forums - Asia Pacific
    www.blackberryforums.com.au

PIN/ID
    20508e6b

Where do I extract the data logs for? Isn't there a setting in BES where I could bcc all the emails to my device without the user knowing?

Corith no está en línea Stack level 1

I understand that this is in a corporate environment, and that any email sent or received is owned by the company, but it's a huge invasion of privacy.

If you really can't trust someone enough other than reviewing all their messages, then you shouldn't hire them.

Also, if you are going to do this you shouldn't do it without their knowledge, you should inform them of the policy. That way they won't txt their wife, girlfriend, or mistress some scandelous message expecting you to be a decent human being and respect basic human privacy laws.

I would suggest you look at stats on the number of workers leaving jobs where they impose draconian policies.

PIN/ID
    20508e6b

First of all if my employees are using the company email address to send scandalous messages to either their wife or mistress then i dont think they are doing the right thing in the first place.. You are accusing me of being an indecent human being by reading that single post and not knowing the reason behind it. I have posted several threads in the BES admin trying to understand what what can be done through the BES server. I think I have the right to know what what options are available to me?

Secondly the firm at some point of time could be in a position where it would want to know what emails are being sent from the company email adress..
    Quote Originally Posted by mqasim
    Ithat if any of the users registered to the bes server make a call, sms or email to a specified number or email i am notified?
    If you had correctly read my first post you wudnt jump to such conclusions.. It says to a specific email adress or specific number ? Soemone told me thats not possible so I asked if its possible to direct all the emails to my address?

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~***cough cough bs***

PIN/ID
    20508e6b

And your problem is?

Pearldiver01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Is this possible?

reading every single email is over the top. The IT admin is not above all and if you do plan to do this the user needs to be notified in EACH email that you plan on reading his ****. It is the decent thing to do.

PIN/ID
    20508e6b

I am just asking if its possible, if so how? If I want to read anyones messages I can just access their mailbox through the server, I was just wondering what what options are availble? To all of you please also read my other thread "am I missing out?" then maybe it will be more clear.

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

To answer your question, yes, you can set an address that is BCC'd every time that a BlackBerry sends a message. The setting is S/MIME Blind Copy address within the IT policy. I agree with others that you probably should not do this though without notifying those that you are doing it. If you are worried about a situation where you need to pull up old email, you should have an archive utility for your mail client. BCCing email to an account seems a bit underhanded as compared to a catch all archive solution when looked at from the users perspective.