Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User has 8830 World edition, provider is Verizon. Sent user activation email, entered email address ... Server Admins forum

ssullivan8130 no está en línea Stack level 2

Interprise Activation Hanging

Advertisement

User has 8830 World edition, provider is Verizon. Sent user activation email, entered email address and BES password, hand held says "activating johndoe@deer.com...... " but never goes any farther, BES ONLY displays activating.

It transfers data packets for about 5 seconds and stops. Checked exchange persmissions for user and they are correct.

Any Ideas Appreciated.

tech15 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Interprise Activation Hanging

Check the user's mailbox (inbox, junk, deleted items etc) for network@etp messages...if you see any delete them and try again...they need to appear and dissapear from teh PC mailbox after a few seconds.
    Call VZW and ask them to check what services this BB is provisioned for, BIS or BIS/BES.
    Make sure that reg now and pin test are going thru--obviously device is showing 1X or 1XEV.
    You could try wiping the BB, doing another *228 option 1, delete/readd the user's profile from the BES and try again.
    If it all checks out and still not working, you should have a t-support code and phone number for RIM...get ready for a long hold but they get it done every time.

buckwild480 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2440c0aa

I've come across this before, you need to call VZW Cust Serv, and ask the rep to remove the BB feature from the account, turn the BB off, have them re-add the feat code to the account, then ask them to tell you how to check the MIN/MDN, make sure they match, then do a *228 OTA, PRL update, try to connect to BES again, if still not working, have them apply a new MIN (background system number for your cell phone) to your acct, program that in, and I'm willing to bet a buffalo nickel that it will start working right away. Let me know which it was, it amazes me how complex CDMA will make simple things...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks sounds like a plan. Will let you know.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Related to buckwild's post, make sure the provider has the user set up for BlackBerry ENTERPRISE service - not BIS service - regardless of the provider.

Some don't distinguish, but AT&T (among others) does, and I believe most do.
    JerryD

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buckwild480 View Post
    I've come across this before, you need to call VZW Cust Serv, and ask the rep to remove the BB feature from the account, turn the BB off, have them re-add the feat code to the account, then ask them to tell you how to check the MIN/MDN, make sure they match, then do a *228 OTA, PRL update, try to connect to BES again, if still not working, have them apply a new MIN (background system number for your cell phone) to your acct, program that in, and I'm willing to bet a buffalo nickel that it will start working right away. Let me know which it was, it amazes me how complex CDMA will make simple things...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Buckwild480: Well found out so far that the BB was set for BIS on VZW's side. Had them change it to BES, Pulled the battery, and tried it again. and nothing. The BES Activation still hung up. Deleteded the user on the BES Recreated the account. Tried to activate again. and same thing.

Was talking with VZW Data Services, they where asking how I was Interprise activing the BB. told them and of course they said go to options, advanced options and Interprise Activation. I told them it is a 8830 world edition, and it does not have the IA option in there. I have been going to setupwizard, add email account from BES, etc., etc.

Anyway, I have to back up the device and do a hard reset, then I am calling VZW Data services and suggest to them what you told me above. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ssullivan8130 View Post
    Buckwild480: Well found out so far that the BB was set for BIS on VZW's side. Had them change it to BES, Pulled the battery, and tried it again. and nothing. The BES Activation still hung up. Deleteded the user on the BES Recreated the account. Tried to activate again. and same thing.

Was talking with VZW Data Services, they where asking how I was Interprise activing the BB. told them and of course they said go to options, advanced options and Interprise Activation. I told them it is a 8830 world edition, and it does not have the IA option in there. I have been going to setupwizard, add email account from BES, etc., etc.

Anyway, I have to back up the device and do a hard reset, then I am calling VZW Data services and suggest to them what you told me above. Thanks.
    Got it backed up, wiped out, registered in the netowork and programmed. Figured i would try it,...... Didn't work.....

So, Thursday, will get them to make the other changes you told me about. Thanks and will post update.

TriZz no está en línea Stack level 2

I am having the exact same problem, but different. I figured this would be a good place to post.

My problem is the same, except the user can send/receive email with the BlackBerry, BUT the activation hangs at 11%...every time I do it.

I've tried completely wiping the handheld, I've deleted and reloaded the user to no prevail.

When I go into the "Activation - 11%" icon...what I see is:

Title Bar: Activation - 11%
    Sub Title: Synchronizing service Desktop...
    Body: BlackBerry Messenger - Initializing
    Browser Folders - Initializing
    Calendar - Complete
    Email Setting - Initializing
    Memory Cleaner Options - Initializing
    Spell Check Options - Initializing
    TLS Options - Initializing

Again, this is an 8830 World Edition from Verizon Wireless in conjunction with BES 4.1.2.25 via wireless activation (which usually works fine)

Any input would be great! Thanks!

21A
    21A no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by TriZz View Post
    My problem is the same, except the user can send/receive email with the BlackBerry, BUT the activation hangs at 11%...every time I do it.
    How long have you waited? I've seen it pause at seemingly random percentage numbers for 15 to 30 minutes at a time... but it does always eventually finish. I don't know why it happens, as our Exchange server is relatively healthy so there's really nothing that should be chewing it up like that, but it just seems to be one of those BES quirks.

If it really never finishes, though, I would wipe the device and activate again. Also, try a different activation method (e.g. if you were using BBM before, this time use DM on the user's workstation, or vice versa - I tend to stay away from wireless activation but that's an option too).

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

I pretty much do wireless all the time except when I absolutely get hung up on one that I cannot activate. I've never seen a device thats been able to send and receive emails with only 11% synchronization to the desktop. I would try doing a hardwire activation under the users name and see if that does it. Like 21A says I've run into ones that have taken anywhere from 15 all the way up to 30-45 minutes which sometimes doesn't seem out of the ordinary. Unless you get the warning that states that the activation failed I wouldn't really condemn the phone right off the bat. One of these days I would just do it right before lunch one day and see if it'll activate all the way through.

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d

Quote Originally Posted by ssullivan8130 View Post
    Got it backed up, wiped out, registered in the netowork and programmed. Figured i would try it,...... Didn't work.....

So, Thursday, will get them to make the other changes you told me about. Thanks and will post update.

I had this problem a while back, it drove me bonkers, to the point of even moving the router around, etc. I did everything mentioned above, and went through a ticket with RIM. My problem then sounds very similar to the one you're experiencing. A couple Q's if you're still having no luck:

1.) Are you using a remote SQL server or the local install with the BES? Are you deleting the user an adding them back to reinitialize them? If so, have you run the SQL server Agent cleanup agents before attempting a re-initialization?
    2.) Is the user you're trying to activate a member of a "priviledged group" (Admins, Domain admins, etc.)
    3.) Have you run the mailbox cleanup/handheld cleanup tools?
    4.) Make sure that the IMEI / SIM / and PIN all match up with your carrier... if you add a user and it immediately pre-populates them with a PIN before you even activate them, then their box has BES data in it still and/or the agent jobs haven't been run... check out RIM KB #04327

In the end, it came down to a mixture of the above which was causing the issues... We still have issues constantly when devices go down and someone switches a SIM card without letting the carrier know, though we've alleviated most of that by now just purchasing/activating all of our devices through our CDW wireless rep, we just shoot them an email and they fix it up with the carrier.

I have two tools that RIM sent me from that ticket, one's a special Javaloader and the other is a DBcleaner for the user's mailbox. PM me if you're still having issues I can send them your way.

Here is the great big fix for this problem............

Verizon Data Services Tech Support Can't Read....... The BB was setup for POP3 mail only..... Not BES.

and I drilled them about all the suggestions on things for them to check, and finally we called the Rep. to see about exchanging the device and she saw it right off and fixed the problem.......

Waisted about 10 hours on this............ Thanks for all the help.

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    Related to buckwild's post, make sure the provider has the user set up for BlackBerry ENTERPRISE service - not BIS service - regardless of the provider.

Some don't distinguish, but AT&T (among others) does, and I believe most do.

Yeah, as Jdellasala said, it's often times the carrier's provisioning... it depends on the reps you get. I don't know if you purchase from CDW or not, but we've stopped dealing directly with AT&T and handle everything through our CDW rep, mainly because of those types of problems... it's very hit and miss. If your tech supplier can be the middleman for you, you might want to consider it.

I wish i could but we have to get phones & BB's from local vzw, sprint, etc. But other tech items come from, cdw, insight, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast