I have bes package activated from my carrier and I have bes setup via exchange. ... Server Admins forum

mqasim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20508e6b

internet problem

Advertisement

I have bes package activated from my carrier and I have bes setup via exchange. Now the problem I'm having is everynight our servers shut down due to technical reasons and thus I can't use the internet through my bb.Is there anyway I setup my bb to use internet directly through my carrier and not through my server?

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: internet problem

Depends how your IT policy is set up; You could always use operamini instead of the Blackberry Browser

PIN/ID
    20508e6b

Already have opera mini. Still doesn't work.what should I change my IT policy to?

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

yeah your BES admins have the internet tied into your BB Browser. its part of the IT Policy that they have setup. Only thing is to maybe ask them nicely if they can remove that part of the policy, but thats a long shot.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Do you have more than 1 browser icon? Try using the internet browser instead of the blackberry browser if you do. The internet browser will go out through the BB internet any bypass your BES. You could check you browser configuration in browser>options>browser configuration and try to change it to internet browser there.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    20508e6b

i have changed the browser configuration setting.. Also I can change the IT policy thats not a problem since I am incharge of the BES server. Could you please guide me as to what what to do on the BES server?

Thank You,