All, I am trying to configure the BES MDS so that it's browser runs through ... Server Admins forum

GazN no está en línea Stack level 2

Internet browsing through Web Sense

Advertisement

All,

I am trying to configure the BES MDS so that it's browser runs through our proxy server / websense.

I have so far configured the dev server to prompt for proxy authentication, but I can still browse to what would normally be restricted web sites if using a machine on the corporate domain .....

I have set the proxy address and configured http authentication to true .... am I missing something??

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    Can you add the BES to a non-filtered policy group?
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

I would need to read up on how to do that, still learning the ropes I'm afraid!
    But if you think it would provide the ability to do so...

STL8700 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Your phone is set to "blackberry browser" when testing the MDS connection correct?

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    I have limited experience with WebSense, but when we tested it way back in the day I believe we had to do something like that. I'll try to find my notes and get back with you if I find them.

Edit: Or as STL8700 recommended check to to see which browser you are using.
    Last edited by jrockett; 04-18-2008 at 05:04 PM.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

STL8700 no está en línea Stack level 2
    In our case: once websense was installed and operational on the domain, Blackberry users were unable to browse past the Websense page when using the MDS browser. Not being a smart ***, just saying it should re-route the exact same way as any other pc inside the domain.
    Make sure If your phones aren't restricted in the IT policy to block the carriers browser, other wise its just like any other cell phone.

Appreciate the help.... yeah if I use the BB Browser I get unrestricted access on the Web.... I have tried pointing the MDS at our proxy server, but that doesn't makie much difference (our Network guys are doubtful if you can use websense with BB ??)

eD_
    eD_ no está en línea Stack level 1
    If websense is using integrated authentication (AD, Windows NT, LDAP, etc.) then you'll have problems. BlackBerries don't pass that authentication on. You may be able to move the websense server into a unfiltered policy. We are Cisco integrated so we told our Cisco equipment to not filter our BES server.

This obviously opens up some security issues, so take that into consideration when deciding.

Many thanks ... dont think our Network Admins wil go for that then!
    Appreciate the informative response.