I've searched for an answer here, and failed, so sorry if this is a repetitive ... Server Admins forum

kvanzant no está en línea Stack level 1

Internet Access

Advertisement

I've searched for an answer here, and failed, so sorry if this is a repetitive question...

I purchased the 8100 while working for a company with BES. Now, I've left the company & my internet connection no longer works. I get email through BIS just fine, but no browser love.

I've added the Cingular APN data to my TCP settings as I read here, but something must still be configured incorrectly?

Help! And thanks!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Internet Access

Hello and welcome to pinstack.

Have you set up a BB data plan for yourself through your carrier? That is needed in otder to get the browser.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yes. You're going to need the data plan. I would suggest unlimited if you surf the web a lot.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

kvanzant, Welcome to PinStack.

If you get your email throught BIS, you should be able to log in to your BIS site and resend your Service Books and get your browser back. When you took it off the BES, did they send you a Blank IT Policy? This may be the problem.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

kvanzant no está en línea Stack level 1

Sorry - good questions all. I do have the unlimited BB data plan on Cingular, so that can't be the problem. But no - the IT guys didn't do anything to my BB when I left - so I don't think they sent me the "blank" configuration. After reading these ideas, I tried to apply the blank IT policy - but that didn't seem to help. The step I couldn't do was "wipe" the BB - that option wasn't in my menu. Maybe that's why that process didn't work.

I've tried reinstalling the phone's OS - not help there, and I've also "re-registered" and had BIS send me service books.

Let me complicate things by noting that since I was "turned off" at the office, I do not have the Blackberry Browser icon, only an Mmode icon. This would be OK, except that for some reason, it's only set for WAP, not full HTML content. The content mode selection doesn't even have another option. Is all this related?

This is a mess!

thanks again for the help!
    Last edited by kvanzant; 12-11-2006 at 12:24 AM.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I'm guessing that since you have the WAP browser, and Lost the MDS browser, there is an IT policy still resident on your BB that prevents getting the Internet Browser. Check out this thread, Blackberry unlock and IT Policy Help for more information.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles