Hello I have a problem with a blackberry phone which is connected to a BES ... Server Admins forum

Outsource no está en línea Stack level 1

Internal Mail Not flagging Mail As Read on Blackberry

Advertisement

Hello

I have a problem with a blackberry phone which is connected to a BES Server. This particular site has several blackberry phones which are working fine, but the problem is present on only one.

When the user reads a message in outlook, it does not change the read status of the message on the blackberry and vise versa.

The odd thing is that this is only for users that are sending mail internally on the network via the exchange 2003 server. Any mail received from external email addresses works fine between outlook and the Blackberry.

I have already recreated the users profile on the laptop, deleted the old .pst and .ost files that were in the users profile. Then allowed outlook to rebuiild the offline file.

Has anyone seen this before. Many thanks for your help.

Outsource

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Yes, this is a common issue on the BES and there are quite a few posts around here regarding this issue.

How long are they waiting before realizing it hasn't reconciled? It takes up to 30 minutes sometimes for the BB to reconcile what's been done in Outlook and vice versa.

It is a common issue and it is the same in my office. Five out of our eight users have no issues with reconciliation but 3 have the problem above.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Normally outlook and the blackberry are in sync all the time in a matter of seconds. A real head scratcher. This is the case with the other people. They are in sync no problem. Just this one user.

Phone has been reset, bes account removed, re-added. No joy, just internal mail is the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

knottyrope no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask
    did u upgrade HH OS?

Quote Originally Posted by knottyrope View Post
    did u upgrade HH OS?
    Sorry i dont know what that is, but we have not upgraded anything we are using bes 4.1.4

knottyrope no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask
    the phone OS, did you upgrade it?

zlatan24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Try read ost file, can store emails, contacts and other information in files of different formats,tool provides one important feature, *.ost files can be easily converted into *.pst files, that may be opened with any other email client and without any additional processing,allows to process even damaged files in *.ost format,may preview emails, contacts, tasks and calendars before exporting it to a *.pst file.