Hi, Hoping someone can help with this - I've searched the forums and can't exactly ... Server Admins forum

beatonl no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Integrating Device with more than one email account

Advertisement

Hi,
    Hoping someone can help with this - I've searched the forums and can't exactly what I'm looking for.

The Problem
    I want to get email delivered to my device from my personal account as well as my work account

The Situation
    I have a Blackberry 8800. I used to get my personal email only through my Service Provider;s BIS.
    Recently we're installed a BES at work, and my BB has now been activated on the BES.
    I am receiving my work email fine - but I am no longer getting my personal email. I rang my Service Provider who told me that I needed to get a second email account added to my user profile on the BES.
    (I do not know whether that's true - I'm a bit of a newbie at this)
    I rang the IT guys who have basically dissembled and told me to use webmail through the BB browser to access my personal account instead. (Not ideal 'cause that's not a push solution.)

There's enough information around that I know I can integrate with both a BIS and a BES I just need to know exactly what has to happen at the back end so I can get that working. Who do I need to call and what do I need to tell them to do? ('cause obviously they don't know!)

Thanks in anticipation
    Lindsay

beatonl no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Integrating Device with more than one email account

Never mind. I rang the service provider again and actually spoke to someone who knew what they were talking about. It's all working perfectly now.
    I'm a very happy camper

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Glad to hear you're running again. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

wahtx no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by beatonl View Post
    Never mind. I rang the service provider again and actually spoke to someone who knew what they were talking about. It's all working perfectly now.
    I'm a very happy camper

Just reading this thread what did the provider tell you? I am connected to a BES that I have no control over, nor will my company bend to make any changes.
    Last edited by wahtx; 01-24-2008 at 12:24 PM.

fuzzbutt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242da5e

You can get your personal email thru the browser depending on what your service is. BUT as the administror of the BES as my company, i can tell you we have outside email blocked, you cannot even access that thru the browser.

wahtx no está en línea Stack level 2

Right, I can get my personal email through an app currently. I am in IT but I only support my user's devices themselves and not the BES but was confident that the traffic would be blocked. I guess what I was reaching for was to be able to associate my device through both the company BES and another service such as re-director.

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

Guys, the best way to get your pesonal emails delivered to your Berry is the BIS option.

Just goto your carriers site and click on add new account (or similar) and go through the very easy process.

You need to know your PIN of the Berry as that's how emails are delivered using BIS.

I'm the Berry administrator for our company and have done this on my 8310 and several 8700s also.

I currently have a company email on my BES and two personal emails on BIS and all three goto the my Berry quite happily.

Hope this helps you out a little.

Good luck...

Nico57 no está en línea Stack level 2

Very nice!
    I've been managing a BES server for 6 months and was still unaware BES and BIS can be used together!

fredbarry no está en línea Stack level 1

Doesn't your IT company policy have to allow BIS setup in order for this to work?

Nico57 no está en línea Stack level 2

Seems to have worked out of the box for me.
    AFAICT, I did not change any related policy setting.

Yet another question: anyone knows how to make BIS mail appear only in its own box?
    Default is to have ALL mail in the main ("Desktop") inbox, even if BIS mail has its own icon...