BES Wi-Fi enviornments To install and configure a BlackBerry Router for BlackBerry smartphone activations over ... Server Admins forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

How to: Install & configure BlackBerry Router for BlackBerry activations over a Wi-Fi

Advertisement

BES Wi-Fi enviornments

To install and configure a BlackBerry Router for BlackBerry smartphone activations over a Wi-Fi® connection, complete the following steps:
    1. In the BlackBerry Enterprise Server installation media, double-click setup.exe.
    2. Complete the instructions on the screen until you complete the WLAN SRP Setting step of the installation process.
    3. At the WLAN OTA Activation step, select the Permit wireless activation in your WLAN environment check box.
    4. Select the Prevent all serial bypass traffic through this router except WLAN activations. Note: This step is optional but, by restricting the connections, the BlackBerry Router acts only as a gateway for wireless activations and not other network traffic.
    5. In the Activations Gateway Settings area, select one of the following options to specify how to locate the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server:
      • To allow the BlackBerry Router to determine which SMTP server to use for Email Transfer Protocol (ETP) traffic based on the mail exchange record of the host domain, select Use MX Lookup to obtain SMTP server.
      • To provide the SMTP server name and port, select Explicitly provide SMTP server name and port. Type the server name and server port for the SMTP server.
    6. If the SMTP server requires authentication, specify the SMTP login name and SMTP password.
    7. In the From address for ETP messages text box, type the email address to use as the From address. Note: The ETP message is the email message the BlackBerry Router sends at activation.
    8. To restrict the domains from which the BlackBerry Router accepts activation requests, specify one or more domains in the List of domains that ETP messages can be sent to text box.
    9. Click Next.
    10. Complete the remaining instructions on the screen to install and configure a BlackBerry Router for BlackBerry smartphone activations over a Wi-Fi connection

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: How to: Install & configure BlackBerry Router for BlackBerry activations over a Wi-Fi

Thanks Hayden.

soulrex no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to: Install & configure BlackBerry Router for BlackBerry activations over a W

I have configured the router service for WLAN traffic. I associated my 8820 with the WiFi. I can ping from the handheld to the BBR. I cannot seem to traffic any BB data thru the WiFi infrastructure! I can telnet from the wireless segment to port 4101 on the BES, and it connects fine.

What else do I need to configure?

Sean