Hi all. I have a BES 4.1.5 with 100 users. The database from this BES ... Server Admins forum

RafaelMatias no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2436f42d

Thumbs up Install a 2nd BES - Problems

Advertisement

Hi all.

I have a BES 4.1.5 with 100 users. The database from this BES it is on a SQL SERVER.

In past, my database from this server were on a MSDE, and this MSDE crashed. After this, I migrated my database to a SQL server. After this, my BES was working.

Today, I bought a new license to install a new server. I will install this new server, create another DB in the same DB server, and I need to configure both BES servers to work together.

In this moment, in my enviroment, I have TWO BES running, each one with a different name, different SRP and with different Database.

How I configure these BES servers to work together in the same domain?

My 1st BES has some issues on DB, I need migrate the users on this BES to the 2nd one. I need to do it totally transparent to my users. No down times, no new activations, no wipes.

Is it possible ?

Thanks in advanced

ajarvey no está en línea Stack level 1
    Unfortunately it is not possible to move a device from one BES Domain over to another BES Domain without a wipe and reactivation. You will need to remove your users from the old server, add to the new server, then wipe/reactivate the device. No other way around it.

PIN/ID
    2436f42d
    Is it the only way ?

How I add new BES to a new Domain , with actual configuration ? Is it possible ?

I read on another forum about this matter, and , according another forum, the only way for this is using the same DB for my two servers. But, If I do it, I need Wipe and reconfigure 100 devices, espalhados diffused in All Brasil ... It is a big work...

And I Really need change users from DB, because i have some issues on 1st BES...

Tks

PIN/ID
    2436f42d
    I Try all day configure the two BES servers to work together... But, I don't have success on my journey...

If I need use the same DB to all BES, i have a BIG, a BIIIIG problem...

I think it is impossible... If it is a only way, I don't have redundancy on my servers... If the DB Crash, all my BES Servers stop work...

Regards
    Rafael Matias
    Technology Analyst
    SP - Brazil

philfna no está en línea BES Pro
    The wipe and reactivation has to occur...I am sorry to say you're SOL on this one :-(

knottyrope no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Since you bout another license you should have a free support call.
    I would use this to have RIM clean your DB and then run both off the same database. If you backup SQL DB's you should be able to recover quickly.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi says "Use the search Luke", and Yoda says "RTFM, you should"
    Torch 9800 on BES 4.1.7 MR3, SQL 2005, Exch 03 with 250 hopeless users

http://twitter.com/#!/knottyrope

PIN/ID
    2436f42d
    I Understand...

I will go explain my DB Problem:

When I use MSDE, my DB crash, and I imported the crashed DB to a SQl server.

After this, my MDS doesn't work more.

So, if I don't have a possibility to use my two BES Servers in two DBs , are you can help-me a resolve my MDS problem ?

Why information I can post here to you can help-me ?

Many tks
    Rafael Matias
    Technology Analyst
    SP - Brazil