I've had a request from one of our Upper Management if the volume on his ... Server Admins forum

metzler no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Increase Volume - CDMA Service Program Edit Screen

Advertisement

I've had a request from one of our Upper Management if the volume on his 7250 can be increased. (It seems his hearing is quite shot.) I've done some searches and the only thing I can find is the following:

From within the "CDMA Service Program Edit Screen"

MO Voice SO Home: 3
    MO Voice SO Roam: 3
    MT Voice SO Home: 3

Any clue as to what they mean? How do they change the Voice operation of the 7250? Is it volume related? Is it CODEC related?

If these settings do NOT affect the volume, can it be done through some other mechanism?

While I can hear using my 7250, I concur the 7250's volume is significantly quieter than a 7510, 7520, 7230, or 7290. I know it's not a CDMA issue as we have other non-BB CDMA handsets that do NOT have this issue.

Any help is appreciated!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Increase Volume - CDMA Service Program Edit Screen

Anyone on BES have any ideas?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

the 7250 has poor ring and poor handset volume. I'd try to encourage him to upgrade.

metzler no está en línea Stack level 1

We are limited to what devices we can upgrade to due to security reasons. We can NOT use any "BlackBerry Business Phones" or 87xx series. They are going through security testing, but that usually takes 1-2 years. We left T-Mo & Cingular for US based users due to poor coverage. (Maybe when Cingular and AT&T gets their act together Cingular coverage will be better, but it does not cover my users needs at this time.)

As far as the ring volume...doesn't mater -- 99% of my users prefer Vibrate over Ring.

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

An obvious recommendation, but it hasn't been mentioned yet, so I'll be the first. How about using a headset? Definitely not as convenient, but it might solve the low volume issue for him.